Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i suspect a bad injector (#2 to be exact). i have a misfire code on #2 but have replaced both intank and under hood fuel filters, main and fuel relays, timing belt, all 4 spark plugs and wires and starter. all those were worn or bad when replaced. i cant find a diagram on how to get the rest of the wires/tubes from blocking the fuel rail. my car just stopped running and had problems for a year starting it and found those other problems while trying to keep it going. now the car tries to start like its not getting gas. it makes the sound it normally would before the engine revs up when started just no rev to start. its a 2002 4dr 4wd 5spd. in the pic the arrow is where i need to get to the circle is what i have removed but i cant figure out the rest on how to get to the arrow area

Attachments

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
Read you post several times, need clarification..

Does the engine start, but run with a miss? or
Does it fail to start?

What diagnostics have you fulfilled?

.... Philip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it no longer starts. it did run great once started but had a hard time trying to get it started. even drained the battery trying to start it, then 3 days after i put in the new starter in it it fails to start. the only code it threw was that that cylinder 2 misfire from advance auto parts obd II scanner but has been reading that code for over year now and replaced the spark plugs and wires, the advance said my coils were fine so no replacement on those.

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
As it is essentially dead, I would suggest you start from scratch.

First perform compression tests (This will verify basic mechanical condition and timing), dry/warm and then wet, WOT, fuel and ignition cut, fully charged battery...

Post the results... Philip

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would get maf cleaner and Carb cleaner. Clean your maf sensor only with maf cleaner. Pull off your idle air control valve and clean it with Carb cleaner. Only inside not wire connection. Turn your key on without turning motor on. If you put you ear by the iac valve you can hear it getting power. So you know it has power AND its not stock shut or wide open. Of not this fuel filter. Cheapest way about it. Filter is 13 bucks and right under the hood 20 min job. In your picture there is a hose running off of your intake manifold on the left it runs off the left down to a canister on the left front. Possible to send me a pic of that canister with the vacuum Hoses on it? [email protected] thanks! Hope this is helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts