Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This past weekend I played a CD for the first time in my Sorento. The UVO system started playing songs out of track order and I couldn't figure out why, until I noticed it was playing them in alphabetical order. Does anyone know how to fix this? I read through the UVO manuals and tried going through every setting I could find with no luck.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
have you tried another commercial CD to see if does the same? You haven't selected random (shuffle) play by mistake.

Just checked my UVO plays them in track order (but I generally prefer the random play), but I also notice that some commercial CD's do not provide track info but some do. I don't often play CD's usually use the Jukebox or USB with a flash drive.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you tried another commercial CD to see if does the same? You haven't selected random (shuffle) play by mistake.

Just checked my UVO plays them in track order (but I generally prefer the random play), but I also notice that some commercial CD's do not provide track info but some do. I don't often play CD's usually use the Jukebox or USB with a flash drive.
I tried a couple older commercial CDs, and it played it in track order but didn't recognize any of the song titles. I guess in the end it's not a big deal since I rarely use CDs in the vehicle, I just found it odd and thought it would be something straight forward to fix.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
it probably all depends on the metadata embedded into the CD on creation that could dictate some of the way it operates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! *EVERY* store bought or personal made CD I *EVER* play in my 2012 Kia Sorento (with UVO) plays songs in a weird order. It's NOT on shuffle, cuz it doesn't play them randomly, thanks to this thread I finally realized it ALWAYS plays them in alphabetical order. Even brand new CDs I JUST bought like Justin Timberlake's 20/20 Experience plays in alphabetical order. I have messed around with the settings to see if I can correct this, but I see no way to do so. Can someone please help? I want to play my CD tracks in the right order!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts