Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage, 2007 GTI, 2000 Firehawk
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rattle can in my garage. Did a few light coats, followed by a heavy coat. Had to touch up some areas on the edge where the tape peeled away the plastidip that had dried. I've done some emblems on my GTI and a stripe on my Firehawk with the stuff. It's best to remove the tape when the plastidip is still wet.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
That looks good. Coincidently, this afternoon I also sprayed a few coats of black and Glossifier Plasti-Dip on my Roadruns grille.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Grille looks nice, the cheap LEDs look...........cheap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plasti-Dip those rims also. It looks good on your red body paint.
While I am a fan of black wheels (both my GTI and Firehawk have black wheels), my wife is not. Once it comes time to replace the tires on the Sportage, I'll probably find an excuse to grab some 17" aftermarket wheels on it with at least some black accents. Something like this perhaps:

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX / 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
16 Posts
Pretty cool.

Nice job, and your DRL looks characterized too :)

Good luck
Tom

·
Registered
Sportage SL
41 Posts
Would you recommend to try that stuff onto Sportage interion panels, like textured door panels and dash panels too?

Did you see orange Plasti Dip anywhere?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since it can be peeled off, I wouldn't use it on any areas that would be high wear (door handles, shifter, etc...). On a dash panel, I don't see why not. For colors, you have to order from the company at https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

1 - 12 of 12 Posts