Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento Lx 2011 2 wd V-6
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is an easy place to get the signal indicating
that the tranny is in gear ? Automatic tranny.

Purpose : get this signal to actuate a relay who will actuate my rd ....

so not in shift = no rd ----peace of mind in banarea :D
a well placed kill switch I use but would like the extra layer security
of automatic shut-off....I had a close call last week:p

Thanks ...

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD w/Sunroof, RIDES a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600
189 Posts
BelTronics STi Driver. Don't waste your time/money on anything else.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
BelTronics STi Driver. Don't waste your time/money on anything else.
They're all pretty much worthless now that even LEO's in departments in the boonies have laser equipment. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your detector and reaction time aren't quite as fast as the speed of light. :)

The days of taking advantage of scatter from the guy in front of you getting zapped by X or K band radar are long gone. When I'd just graduated from engineering school, we made a low power K band transmitter and mounted it in the grill of my '67 Mustang. We'd wait for some dude in a fancy sports car to blow by at night and look for the tell tale RD lights on his dash. Then we'd pull behind about 10 car lengths and blip him with the RADAR and watch him stand on the brakes. After a dozen or so times they'd usually catch on. :D

Best,

·
Registered
Sorento Lx 2011 2 wd V-6
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're all pretty much worthless now that even LEO's in departments in the boonies have laser equipment. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your detector and reaction time aren't quite as fast as the speed of light.

The days of taking advantage of scatter from the guy in front of you getting zapped by X or K band radar are long gone. When I'd just graduated from engineering school, we made a low power K band transmitter and mounted it in the grill of my '67 Mustang. We'd wait for some dude in a fancy sports car to blow by at night and look for the tell tale RD lights on his dash. Then we'd pull behind about 10 car lengths and blip him with the RADAR and watch him stand on the brakes. After a dozen or so times they'd usually catch on.

Best,
:eek: Sauron you are (were) a bad boy ;)

Noot to break is rule 1 to stay stealth :D One can add a kill-switch
on the brake circuit ....sori is the easiest car to do this ...just make sure
it is a temporary nc .

Technical refreshment : the latest-infrared-light-threat is the easiest
to counter .....shuuuut ....let our friends stay in the dark:rolleyes:

The most unbeatable threat : instant-on used at night from a cruiser all lights off ....a real killer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They're all pretty much worthless now that even LEO's in departments in the boonies have laser equipment. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your detector and reaction time aren't quite as fast as the speed of light. :)

The days of taking advantage of scatter from the guy in front of you getting zapped by X or K band radar are long gone. When I'd just graduated from engineering school, we made a low power K band transmitter and mounted it in the grill of my '67 Mustang. We'd wait for some dude in a fancy sports car to blow by at night and look for the tell tale RD lights on his dash. Then we'd pull behind about 10 car lengths and blip him with the RADAR and watch him stand on the brakes. After a dozen or so times they'd usually catch on. :D

Best,
You can black out the STi. No lights come on at all.
Lets just say it can still save you from laser, as long as you arent the first target.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The most unbeatable threat : instant-on used at night from a cruiser all lights off ....a real killer.
That depends..... as I said above..... if you arent the first target the Sti can still save your butt with instant on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts