Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 kia sorento 3.5 v6 gas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the front cover off my front dif today to confirm that my 4wd actuator is leaking. I was right, it needs to be replaced. I thought I would post some pics since many others are starting to have this problem. :)

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
This may seem like a bit of a stupid questions, but you mean the hose inside the diff that goes to the actuator?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rubber bladder on my actuator is leaking and it will not engage. I was hoping that it was just the hose going to it, but it looks like I will have to tear everything apart to replace it.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Oh, so that second picture with the close up is the ripped rubber bladder?

Very informative, Thanks.
People always talk about it, but this seems like a nice easy process to at least check if it is the case. You mentioned taking it to the shop, can you let us know prices/time taken to complete once done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking I will just go ahead and replace it myself. I'm sure it's a good 6 -8 hour job at the dealership. I would rather spend the cash on something fun. :)

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
Make sure you keep the shims from each side of the carrier bearings and re-assemble them in the same order, Unless of couse you are going to change the bearings out in which case you will have to start from scratch. Being a front diff I doubt they are even worn.
Good luck and tell us of the outcomes! Looking at this old fashioned freewheeling hubs are really a much easier option!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts