Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally got our '11 Kia Sorento

Well after waiting over 2 months for it to be built and sent to us.. today was the day we got our '11 Kia Sorento. Here are a few quick pics I took of it using my Nexus One Camera.

This is a 4x4 (we ordered a 2x4 but they built a 4x4 instead..wasnt happy till we got the 4x4 for the 2x4 price cause of their mistake) V6 with 3rd row, Dark Cherry Red with leather black interior, Tow bar, Navigation etc etc..more or less everything under the roof but the DVD player (which we wanted the sun roofs instead).

While we were doing the paper work my wife was telling us when they parked it out front alot of other customers were doing the 'OOoo' and 'Aahhhs' over it (seems that here in Vegas black interior is not popular..but you need to know WHAT kind of leather is and this leather is cool to the heat).

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well after waiting over 2 months for it to be built and sent to us.. today was the day we got our '11 Kia Sorento. Here are a few quick pics I took of it using my Nexus One Camera.

This is a 4x4 (we ordered a 2x4 but they built a 4x4 instead..wasnt happy till we got the 4x4 for the 2x4 price cause of their mistake) V6 with 3rd row, Dark Cherry Red with leather black interior, Tow bar, Navigation etc etc..more or less everything under the roof but the DVD player (which we wanted the sun roofs instead).

While we were doing the paper work my wife was telling us when they parked it out front alot of other customers were doing the 'OOoo' and 'Aahhhs' over it (seems that here in Vegas black interior is not popular..but you need to know WHAT kind of leather is and this leather is cool to the heat).
One thing I don't understand is why Kia decided to go with silver roof rails on all body colors. I wanted to get the titanium silver or dark cherry but after seeing that they only came with silver roof rails I went with the bright silver color. I think a better choice for the roof rails would've black if they were going to keep it the same across all body colors, that way it'd match the other black accents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is my LX AWD! I think the accent pinstripe that Gator jer was talking about is on this one. It's a little difficult to see because of the lighting, but you can tell it's there! I just wish this had roof rails or something... But, I had to cut it down to the base AWD 4cyl to keep the payment where I wanted.

I've read a bunch of reviews about people knocking the 4cyl engine, but I really haven't been having any problems with it. I'm not racing it either, but I think it's totally fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice, I'm loving the Titanium color.

One thing that I find odd is the huge differences in packages between Canada and US. I notice yours doesn't have fog lights, roof rails etc...

In Canada, the base LX (even MT) comes loaded with roof rails, fog lights, heated seats, back-up sensor, etc, etc...

Bump up to the EX and you get leather, 18" wheels, rear camera, etc...

Mind you we pay quite a bit more in Canada I'm sure.

Wish I could have afforded the EX package as I love the 18" wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice, I'm loving the Titanium color.

One thing that I find odd is the huge differences in packages between Canada and US. I notice yours doesn't have fog lights, roof rails etc...

In Canada, the base LX (even MT) comes loaded with roof rails, fog lights, heated seats, back-up sensor, etc, etc...

Bump up to the EX and you get leather, 18" wheels, rear camera, etc...

Mind you we pay quite a bit more in Canada I'm sure.

Wish I could have afforded the EX package as I love the 18" wheels.
Yeah, I really wish I had fog lights at least. =/ That's all included in the $1,000 US convenience package. Backup cam, fog lights, heated seats (cloth), and backup assist. I was already having a hell of time coming up with the deal I got on mine, so I didn't even bothering asking for the next package.

I'd really like to get the accent lighting installed too, but I'm sure they would charge an arm and a leg for the factory kia lighting.

And, thanks, I really like the Titanium color too!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Beeyoutiful!!

Pics of my new EX-V6 AWD. Anyone else seen this colour? It's Java Brown, I didn't know it even existed until I went to the dealer. Online there is no colour like this for the sorento?
Love the color--have not seen it before. We got the Titanium Silver but would have gotten your Java Brown if it was available.

Hope you like your new ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes it is interesting, I'm not sure, but maybe they produced only a few thousand Sorentos with this colour to see what the consumer feedback would be like before they offer as an actual colour choice when purchasing. The Sportage does come in a similar colour which is available as an option. Either way I'm very happy with it and love the Sorento so far!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting colour. It doesn't even show up on Kia Canada Lucky for you for being exclusive for the time being.
It was dubbed "late availability" color. There was also another one (Khaki) which we liked.

If anyone wants the color codes they are as follows: (at least according to my Sales guy)

H5 - Java Brown
XMK - Khaki (green)
IM - Titanium Silver
IY - Spicy red
SWP - White
EB - Black

Those are the ones he wrote down for me.

41 - 60 of 524 Posts
About this Discussion
523 Replies
251 Participants
Thunder139
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing