Kia Forum banner

501 - 520 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought this (2-6-15) 2011 2wd SX with all the goodies. I like it quite a bit.

Ive been in the car and bike business for almost 20 years. This is what I really wanted for the wife at first, but couldn't find a good one at the time so we bought a 11 Terrain, preowned. I never liked it, lol
I really like this Sorento though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just get this used 2011 Sorento a week ago

Sorento LX Front wheel drive. 51k miles.

Not sure if I'm going for halo headlight's or just some HID's.
I want to Plasti dip the front grill (black out) and the rims but not sure which color on rims.
Also thinking to smoked out tail lights.

I need some opinion's for real!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats on my sorento

is there any web site that well tell me how my 2013 sorento was built with. Like what exters and so.this is my first kia 2013 Sorrento with 31340 miles.have had a Hyundai in the past.

·
Vendor
597 Posts
Just bought this (2-6-15) 2011 2wd SX with all the goodies. I like it quite a bit.

Ive been in the car and bike business for almost 20 years. This is what I really wanted for the wife at first, but couldn't find a good one at the time so we bought a 11 Terrain, preowned. I never liked it, lol
I really like this Sorento though!

Looks very nice and clean!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new here, just wanted to know how I can post a picture from my desktop onto this,
Thanks!
You need a hosting site. I use Photobucket.

Sign up for a free account. Once you do that take your pictures and either D&D or C&P them into the box at the center of the screen then hit the blue upload button. Once they are uploaded click on the library button.. that will stop that annoyingly loud ad that will pop up every time you upload a file.. Mouse over to your pictures and mouse over to the 3 horizontal lines at the bottom left of the pic. A dialog window will pop up .. click Share.. another window will pop up with various links. Click the one at the bottom that says IMG. This one will work for most forums. The box will turn yellow and "copied" will briefly flash.. then go to your post and just paste the link.

Easy Peasy..

I have a bright silver, but the dark cherry is just beautiful. When it is washed and waxed, FORGETABOUTIT.
.. don't you mean... Fuhgeddabouddit...

Here is my recently acquired (yesterday) 2013 Sorrento EX. :)

I was originally stone set on a Ford Edge.. I had been wanting one for years ... I had even dismissed the Sorrento .. until I read some reviews, saw one in person, because the pics don't really do it justice.. and test drove one. I went to a locak Carmax.. they had a nice one in there but I could not bring myself to buy it because the color was just fugly.. It was this horrible tan that reminded me more of the G.I. Joes I has as a kid.. (the big ones with the scar.. yeah I am dating myself..) . I liked what I drove though.. so I started lookig at the Kias differently.. but at that time I was still looking mainly at an Edge. I got on Carsdirect and started looking around but this time I was looking at Edges and Kias.. I found some nice versions of both.. but when I came across this one.. between the trim level, , the mileage and the price I was interested. I could not find an equivalent Edge for under 3K more.. which was outside of my budget.. I test drove it and that was that.

Very solid vehicles.. in fact I would put this right up there with the Acuras and Highlanders.. I have only had it for a day but I think I will be pleased.

·
Registered
25 Posts
so far the start of my 2013 kia sorento sx

specs: oem step rails
oem roof racks
sorento rain guards (painted to match color of truck)
20 percent tints all around including front windshield
20 percent tinted tail lights
6000K hids and led fog lights
hyper white led interior lights changed and license plate lamps
weathertech matts

future specs: different grill
halo headlights
eye lids (ordered)
brembo brakes (ordered)
drilled slot rotors
h&r lowering springs

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's up guys. I just purchased a 2011 Kia Sorento EX with 49K miles on it. It looks great; black on black, leather, heated seats, navigation, sunroof, chrome wheels, and 3rd row seating. Not sure what package it has as I'm very new to Kias.
It's a bad picture, but here it is.
I'm a total DIY car guy. Hate paying the dealership 2-3x for a repair I could do myself in the driveway. I am noticing that there isn't many repair videos for the Sorento out there compared to Ford, Dodge, and Honda. I'll do my best to post pictures and descriptions of how I do my repairs so they are helpful to other shade tree mechanics. Hopefully I won't be needing to do many of those though!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello guys,
i'm a proud Sorento XM 2.4 AWD (year 2011) owner from Malaysia reporting in.
Been using this suv for about nearly 2 years now.
Love driving it for some weekend jungle adventures & everyday to my workplace.
It suits almost all kind of activities and even my wife prefer to drive this suv than her year 2015 sedan because of its easy handling. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was dubbed "late availability" color. There was also another one (Khaki) which we liked.

If anyone wants the color codes they are as follows: (at least according to my Sales guy)

H5 - Java Brown
XMK - Khaki (green)
IM - Titanium Silver
IY - Spicy red
SWP - White
EB - Black

Those are the ones he wrote down for me.
Thanks for this. I saw the khaki color about a week after I got my Black (EB). It looks great. Really the only thing I would change about mine. Black shows every thing!

501 - 520 of 524 Posts
About this Discussion
523 Replies
251 Participants
Thunder139
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing