Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love that interior color - but it's not available in the US
curious how the business people decide which versions, colors and engine types go to which country.

we would love to get the 4WD sorento in singapore, which almost everyone seems to be buying in the US as the preferred version.
But over here its only on special indent basis, heard only 1 piece brought in so far in the whole country.

·
Registered
193 Posts
nice picture, thinking of tinting myself, what should we look out for when tinting; any specific make better; and if i want the "limo" tint as u put it;

what should i ask the dealer for? thx!!

really nice looking sorento u have there..!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tinting

You can always ask your dealer to tint, but he will mark it up and charge you for this when you could just get it done yourself. Plus, dealer will likely not "limo" tint as it is illegal for front windows in most states. Some tint shops will not even apply it unless it is within legal range for your state. Some states will allow it if you have a note from an MD. If you are taking any medicine, tell your MD it makes you photosensitive and if they are cool, they will write you a script to keep in your car.

Find a reputable shop in your area that carries a guarantee with their work and the film they use (the tint). Think mine was a little less than $200 out the door.

·
Registered
193 Posts
^i wouldn't mind getting max dark back windows, medium for the trunk side (sp) and legal tint for the front windows;

another good thing with max tint for me is that if i forget something in the backseat it is not visible to passerbys or when parked; so a safety feature if u will...:)

like the idea of photosensitive script; nice..!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Dark Cherry one is so gorgeous. The dealership near me finally has one with a sunroof. As soon as I get my money on Wednesday, I'm buying it! I can't wait!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's my Sorento:
- Base model, 2.4L
- Ebony Black (love it - but high maintenance - have to keep it washed!)
- 6 speed manual transmission
- Build date Dec 2009

Mods so far:
- Upsized the wheels and tires to 18", 255 55 R 18s
- Dynamat on the doors and front floors
- Mud guards

BTW - If anyone is interested in a set of 17" OEM wheels (perhaps for winter?)... Just PM me! Will sell mine for reasonable price...

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
side striping

Here is a suggestion djpositivek, if you put accident striping on the side of your car is will really look nicer, I put it on my Silver one and if really brings the side out more.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a the Silver Gray color car and it really shows it off, its a small 2 line pin strips going from front to back. I never tried to post a pic on this site maybe you can tell me how and I will try to post some pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a GCC 2010 model in Metal Bronze I got my wife&doughter last week. Has everything but leather, navi, panorama roof and heated seats (the last 2 are pretty useless in Dubai's heat anyway)

Hope the car wont less us down as our last 6 cars were from Japan;)

21 - 40 of 524 Posts