Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SI 1.6L Auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My wife and I picked up our new 2012 Kia Rio SI Auto today. The vehicle is a demonstrator with 2400km on the clock. We live in Brisbane Australia.

1st impressions:

Very nice to drive and comfortable. Some road noise but may have something to do with the stock Kumho tyres.

Unsure about the combined fuel economy of 6.1L per 100KM as it appears to be closer to 7L per 100KM

Blue Tooth is easy to use and I like the fact it strams music. The only complaint i have about the stereo system is if you are streaming music wirelessly you can't use the controls on the audio system to move to the next song. This may be able to be done I just havent worked it out yet.

Overall so far so good.

Thanks

Kiwalian

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Welcome from another Aussie. (Townsville, Qld.) We have a Cerato in the family and it has given good service so far (25,000km).

There have been reports that KIA has exaggerated the economy figures for the Rio, but that might only be in the US, where there have been some complaints. You'll have to check for yourself (rather than rely on the trip computer).

There have also been some reports that the Rio performs better with higher octane fuel. You could try filling up with a proportion of 98 Octane and see how it goes. I use 30 litres of 91 plus 20 litres of 98 when I fill up the wife's Mazda. That mix is 94 Octane and is cheaper than 95 direct from the pump. Mazda 'requires' 95 Octane, but my mix seems to be OK. Definitely no good on 91.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SI 1.6L Auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree Bob,

I will only use 98 Octaine even on my older 03 Getz. Better for the engine and may give you a few extra Ks

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
98 is a bit expensive to use if you don't really need it. I use Shell 91 (Nissan Maxima) and my son uses Caltex 91 (Cerato). I occasionally use Shell V-Power 98 to give the cars a bit of a clean-out (That's the theory, anyway). Some evidence that we get better fuel consumption with 98, but not enough to compensate for the extra cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts