Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My question is addressed to all existing picanto owners.

How cool can the car's aircon get? Even under direct 12noon sun in manila? How about cloudy or night time condition?

Has anyone been caught dead in traffic around 12noon when the climate is at its hottest... does the car overheat? the engine temp is still manageable ba? Can the aircon still cool down the passengers?

Any comment or feedback on this is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The problem with the car is that it doesn't have an "exact" temp gauge...just two light indicators as you already know. But I have driven the car for 3,500+ km under a lot of driving conditions and the aircon doesn't even break a sweat. Even on a hot afternoon especially lunch time. Most of the time, the fan is just set to 1 but when it's a bit hotter, i set it to 2. In my experience, I rarely set it to 3. Thermostat not that set to high either. I guess because of the small frame of the car it doesn't need that much air circulation to make it cool. Another money-saving feature I would say :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jgotangco@Jan 22 2005, 11:25 PM
The problem with the car is that it doesn't have an "exact" temp gauge...just two light indicators as you already know. But I have driven the car for 3,500+ km under a lot of driving conditions and the aircon doesn't even break a sweat. Even on a hot afternoon especially lunch time. Most of the time, the fan is just set to 1 but when it's a bit hotter, i set it to 2. In my experience, I rarely set it to 3. Thermostat not that set to high either. I guess because of the small frame of the car it doesn't need that much air circulation to make it cool. Another money-saving feature I would say :D
Thanks for the reply. I hope I can get my Blue Diamond Picanto this week...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, this is ren.

i've read your posts regarding the picanto. yesterday, my family and i happened to passby kia makati and fell in love with the kia picanto. we decided to reserve a unit then and there.

after coming down from the high of seeing the picanto, i decided to look around for more info regarding this said car. your posts were very valuable. people we know are discouraging us from getting the picanto.

from which dealer did you get your unit? we got a quotation from kia makati and kia alabang. the kia alabang was 5 thousand pesos less than kia makati. plus, kia alabang gave free tints, mats, and seatcovers.

honestly, i'm a bit lost if we should get the car or not. i'd like a red picanto, but there are none available. do you think if we wait for the stocks to arrive, the prices will go up?

i'd appreciate any advice from you! thanks so much!

ren ([email protected])

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're really decided on getting the car, and there's no stock of the color you want, then pick your second choice color. Mabilis talaga umakyat ang price. Before ko nakuha yung unit ko, the price leaped from 335T to 360T in a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts