Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! just wanna know who are the Filipinos here. maybe we could meet up and make a "picanto club" hehehe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey its cool! maybe we could organize a group drive. :D

btw, look at the spelling of philippines above... hehe...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I was the lucky guys who got the first batch of picanto LX last September. Thats a great idea. Maybe we could do a eco run and publish our mileage reports.

tnx

Rodski

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi... i don't have a kia picanto yet, but i am very much interested in owning one...

i hope most of you could help me with this, but i've heard from many that the picanto is a very fuel efficient car, and very "economical" in terms of the price vs. the overall car itself...

i would like to know, what basically are the "common" modes of payment that most of you have done for acquiring the picanto??? and, what dealers may you recommend that basically offers the best "discounts" or deals"...

...i am in the middle of deciding to sell my old car to get the picanto... your feedback people are very much appreciated... thank you very much... :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
i hope most of you could help me with this, but i've heard from many that the picanto is a very fuel efficient car, and very "economical" in terms of the price vs. the overall car itself...
it is a very efficient car per se, but efficiency has a lot of factors, like city driving (you get lesser mileage), winding roads (you get better mileage), aircon (in a traffic, eats up more gas) is on, etc. but overall performance is much better than what is locally available.

i would like to know, what basically are the "common" modes of payment that most of you have done for acquiring the picanto??? and, what dealers may you recommend that basically offers the best "discounts" or deals"...
well the bad part of this story is that since the Picanto is a very hot car at the moment, dealers prefer to have buyers willing to have longer payment terms. the usual would be 30% down with 36 or 48 month payment terms.

...i am in the middle of deciding to sell my old car to get the picanto... your feedback people are very much appreciated... thank you very much... :)
What car would this be? I do hope you get your Picanto soon. I have been enjoying my ride ever since I got it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Nov 30 2004, 07:10 AM
it is a very efficient car per se, but efficiency has a lot of factors, like city driving (you get lesser mileage), winding roads (you get better mileage), aircon (in a traffic, eats up more gas) is on, etc. but overall performance is much better than what is locally available.
well the bad part of this story is that since the Picanto is a very hot car at the moment, dealers prefer to have buyers willing to have longer payment terms. the usual would be 30% down with 36 or 48 month payment terms.
What car would this be? I do hope you get your Picanto soon. I have been enjoying my ride ever since I got it.
- i'm actually (really) after the "better/lesser mileage" factor of the picanto, also (not to mention), the over-all looks of the cars... i've read the specs and the other details (finish, interior, safety, etc.,) of the picanto, and to tell you frankly, it seems to be on par with the new cars on the block :) ...

...honestly, i am riding a 2nd hand lancer 93... well, same story as the rest, i'm caught in the "restoration" period of the car, and, making computations on my own, i'm thinking of selling my ride to get the picanto rather than restoring it...

given your terms (on the 325K price basis of the manual type), that would be around 97,500 down, and roughly 6,400 a month on 36 months, plus around 25,000 for the registration, the tint, the mat, others, "lagay"... very much good already...

...well, i'm really evalutating my options right now... thank you so much... i really appreciate your reply :) ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there! I'm about to buy a Picanto. Hope I'm welcome here. Anyways, to those who have the Picanto already in RP, any comments? Id like to get as much info as I can, but I've pretty much decided on getting it, although there's a waiting period to get the unit. How's the ride? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Everyone is welcome mate :D

For the cost of the car, it is worth it (and much more). You can't beat the price of the car for power steering and EFI (no ABS or airbags though). The reason why there's a waiting period to have the car delivered is because everything in in was imported direct from S. Korea. Not a single screw or fabric was installed locally. Plus the worldwide demand for the car, Kia can't cope up with supplies (some countries even have 6 month wait period).

The ride is good for its class; this ain't no Bently or MINI but suspension and steering is very good. Because I drive an A/T model, fuel consumption is less efficient compared to an M/T model. But overall, it is still a fuel-efficient car. You can probably improve the ride with better tyres with a bigger wheel base.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm... what size tyres do you think will be best for d Picanto? Will a 175/65/R14 tyres be good enough or will a R15 be the best? My problem is if I convert it into R15 tires, baka sumayad na sya. What dealer do you think offers the best service? I've asked from Signet Edsa and Albang as well as Kia Pasay already. I will be placing my order soon so I wanna get it from a decent dealer. Thanks man!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Dec 1 2004, 05:36 PM
R15 would be pushing it but 185/R14 would probably be a perfect fit
just got mine last week and installed a 14" mags w/ bridgestone 14/65/175 w/o problems, ride will be better than a 15" mags. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by aloy_g@Nov 26 2004, 06:50 PM
hey guys! just wanna know who are the Filipinos here. maybe we could meet up and make a "picanto club" hehehe
yeah we can meet up and compare our picantos and how to improve performance and get some accessories like power lock/ power window etc..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by marcelyu@Dec 1 2004, 07:45 PM
just got mine last week and installed a 14" mags w/ bridgestone 14/65/175 w/o problems, ride will be better than a 15" mags. :)

Wont the warranty be void if you replace the tires? I've asked the dealer about this but he doesn't seem to know for sure. Talk about product knowledge! Those kia dealers dont seem to give a damn about this goldmine of a car they have!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by marcelyu@Dec 1 2004, 07:47 PM
yeah we can meet up and compare our picantos and how to improve performance and get some accessories like power lock/ power window etc..
What accessories have you added in you Picanto? M sure you traded in the lousy Casette player for a cd player :lol: Did you also add speakers at the rear doors?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by arjainz@Dec 2 2004, 02:59 PM
What accessories have you added in you Picanto? M sure you traded in the lousy Casette player for a cd player :lol: Did you also add speakers at the rear doors?
Actually you don't need to replace that casette deck; it has an aux jack so you could just add a disc changer. I use the aux jack to plug my iPod. Speakers at rear doors to add soon as well as tweeters when I get to same more money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Dec 2 2004, 03:26 PM
Actually you don't need to replace that casette deck; it has an aux jack so you could just add a disc changer. I use the aux jack to plug my iPod. Speakers at rear doors to add soon as well as tweeters when I get to same more money.
I also use the AUX jack for my iPod, which I put on the shelf below the stock stereo. :D The AUX jack is the one nice thing about the otherwise disappointing head unit. No need for cassette adapters or FM transmitters.

BTW, I noticed that the blue backlight on the display of my stereo often flickers. Do you experience the same thing?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts