Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I have an Orange Picanto SE on a 54 plate and the only mod i have made is putting my persoanlised plate on it and adding Tom Tom Go 500 which looks and behaves fab! Since my car has now done 6200 miles i am anticipating my 10,000 mile service and wondered if anyone knows how much the first service is likely to cost in the UK?

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Remember, your no longer forced to have a car serviced at the dealership as long as anything changed it a genuine Kia part you'll have no problems with warranty oh and your book must be stamped.

Kevin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is true that in Europe you don't have to use a Main Dealer for servicing to maintain your warranty. The way I see it, you do have to use an authorised, qualified mechanic and original Manufacturers parts. I have had warranty work carried out by my dealer to rectify coolant and a 'knocking noise' problem. Obviously, the dealer had to get permission from Kia prior to making the repairs. I wonder whether using anyone other than a Manufacturers Main Dealer may create warranty problems, whatever European legislation says. At least using a Main Dealer must reduce the risk of disputed Warranty Claims. If I were ever to buy a relatively new second hand car, a major consideration for me, rightly or wrongly, would be a Service History stamped with the Manufacturers name on it. With regard to the original question of First Service costs, as with anything - shop around. I was quoted £120 by a couple of local garages. One reply here states £140. Sarah Wakely of Autocar magazine, who has been carrying out the long term Picanto test (she loves the car) paid £190 at Kia Surbiton!!! My local Kia Dealer did it for £114.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts