Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
39 Posts
open pod definately add a few HP to my picanto. and normal driving conditions FC actually improives....

so i summary, open POD gives the power when u needed, and the FC improvements... definately a good MOD to do..

additional u get the vroom vrooom sound when u step the gas hard enough ! hehehehe
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Hi. To all you guys which have plans or whises of putting some big alloys on your Picanto, I can make this statement.

Be sure the Offset, aint to much from the original 46 which the picanto is born with.

Have successfully put this size on my picanto. 6" x 16" offset 43 with 195/40/16 from continental (Sport Contact 2) Air presure 42 PSI.

And the car is also loverd 35 mm with a set of sports springs from H&R.

Im off again, I will go driving :)

ViCan2

Ps. Pictures will come soon.
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
39 Posts
the whole kit cost about 200 SGD here , including the metal piping + K&N filter ...... but :mellow: how to ship to you thats the problem.... and payment etc....
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Originally posted by ViCan2@Jul 8 2005, 01:35 PM
Hi. To all you guys which have plans or whises of putting some big alloys on your Picanto, I can make this statement.

Be sure the Offset, aint to much from the original 46 which the picanto is born with.

Have successfully put this size on my picanto. 6" x 16" offset 43 with 195/40/16 from continental (Sport Contact 2) Air presure 42 PSI.

And the car is also loverd 35 mm with a set of sports springs from H&R.

Im off again, I will go driving :)

ViCan2

Ps. Pictures will come soon.

Picture of the 6" x 16" Rial with 195/40/16 is uploaded.

http://www.kia-forums.com/2005-Kia-Picanto-code12-cid81.htm

/ ViCan2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
hi, i just wanna ask those who changed their filters to free flow filters. dont u have any problems when driving while raining? especially for those who moved the filter near the grill?
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Originally posted by wannakia@Jul 19 2005, 02:34 PM
wow, nice ! whats your tire brand ?

My choice of tyre was pretty limit to three tyre brands:
tyre one = Dunlop SP SPORT 9000
tyre two = Pirelli ZERO NERO

and my choice was Continental SportContact 2

All three tyre brands is in 195/40/16"

Vican2
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
39 Posts
Originally posted by ViCan2@Jul 19 2005, 11:38 AM
My choice of tyre was pretty limit to three tyre brands:
tyre one = Dunlop SP SPORT 9000
tyre two = Pirelli ZERO NERO

and my choice was Continental SportContact 2

All three tyre brands is in 195/40/16"

Vican2

hi ViCan2
i understand that you also change to Eibach springs, does it improve the ride comfort compared to stock springs ? i find our pica rear suspension very soft.... especially going on slightly uneven roads or with loads at the back seat...... regardless of the load of weight... care to share ?
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Originally posted by wannakia@Jul 20 2005, 03:49 PM
hi ViCan2
i understand that you also change to Eibach springs, does it improve the ride comfort compared to stock springs ? i find our pica rear suspension very soft.... especially going on slightly uneven roads or with loads at the back seat...... regardless of the load of weight... care to share ?

Hey Wannakia.
Not quite right, because I've change to H&R sport springs. http://www.h-r.com
they are TÜV approved, and lover the car by 35mm.

Yes, I like the improvements of the car on the road, and it feels more hard.

ViCan2
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Originally posted by wannakia@Jul 20 2005, 04:19 PM
so u mean the ride is now harsher ? and which model number is the spring ?
The part nr. 29198-1 Kia Picanto Typ BA
color black, lowering [mm] 35, year: from: 06.2004
http://www.h-r.com/bin/29198.pdf

harsher, harsher ?? It's more concrete, and more down to earth.

ViCan2
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
39 Posts
Originally posted by ViCan2@Jul 20 2005, 10:27 AM
The part nr. 29198-1 Kia Picanto Typ BA
color black, lowering [mm] 35, year: from: 06.2004
http://www.h-r.com/bin/29198.pdf

harsher, harsher ?? It's more concrete, and more down to earth.

ViCan2
wat i meant was bumpy..... is it more bumpy on uneven road ? can the spring + suspension absorb the slight road uneven without the passager feeling the jump ?
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Originally posted by wannakia@Jul 20 2005, 04:59 PM
wat i meant was bumpy..... is it more bumpy on uneven road ? can the spring + suspension absorb the slight road uneven without the passager feeling the jump ?
Oh, that way. No the passanger will jump as well :-( but Im offen drivin alone :)

/ ViCan2
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
158 Posts
Originally posted by wannakia@Jul 21 2005, 05:33 PM
opps ....so its worse when compared to original springs (in terms of comfort ?)
Let us keep it as simple as posible.

When the original springs is on, the car is soft and on a bumpy road the car jumps around.

When the H&R sports springs is on, the car is more hard, and NOT so jumpin, on af bumpy road.

But with the sports springs the suspension is more hard, and therefore not so bumpy.

Hope this solve the problems.
I have also replaced the original springs on my mazda premazy, with the same result. My old Ford Sierra GT, also have these H&R sports springs.
Yes these cars have also a more hard suspension.

/ ViCan2
 

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
Joined
·
39 Posts
now i get it.....
how much did u pay for the springs ?
does H&R has s suspension Kit for Pica ?
i dunno whether we can get in here in SIngapore (Asia) :blush:
 
41 - 60 of 66 Posts
Top