Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys... im new here... n just got my picanto 5 months ago... cobalt blue 1.1 manual... n not with the novus spec.. i just wanna tell u guys that im developing a picanto mod software...

anyone of u here played need fr speed underground before? which is u guys can go into the garage n do ur own modification to the car up to the limits... lets say u wanna put on custom spoiler, hood, scoop, bodykits, n change the paint, decal, vinyl, window tint, eyelid, neon, exhaust n last but not least rims... but dont misunderstood, this is not a game, this is only a software that preview u how ur car looks like in 3D, n of cos u can orbit rotate it... u can preview it in whatever angle u want though... errr at least, u guys can plan how to mod ur car in near future rite...

btw, i still need help from u guys, in order to collect an information all about picanto starting from available kits out there into ur own design kits, n for the first question, 'what is the biggest rim picanto can support' - errr proper one coz i heard so many rumors about this which is it can up to 16"???

please gimme a support in ur reply, otherwise... this wont happen, coz i am working man on the day, only my nite were spend on this, n i dont wanna spend on something people dont like... its unworthy..

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
158 Posts
Originally posted by Akat@Jul 25 2005, 09:18 AM
hi guys... im new here... n just got my picanto 5 months ago... cobalt blue 1.1 manual... n not with the novus spec.. i just wanna tell u guys that im developing a picanto mod software...

anyone of u here played need fr speed underground before? which is u guys can go into the garage n do ur own modification to the car up to the limits... lets say u wanna put on custom spoiler, hood, scoop, bodykits, n change the paint, decal, vinyl, window tint, eyelid, neon, exhaust n last but not least rims... but dont misunderstood, this is not a game, this is only a software that preview u how ur car looks like in 3D, n of cos u can orbit rotate it... u can preview it in whatever angle u want though... errr at least, u guys can plan how to mod ur car in near future rite...

btw, i still need help from u guys, in order to collect an information all about picanto starting from available kits out there into ur own design kits, n for the first question, 'what is the biggest rim picanto can support' - errr proper one coz i heard so many rumors about this which is it can up to 16"???

please gimme a support in ur reply, otherwise... this wont happen, coz i am working man on the day, only my nite were spend on this, n i dont wanna spend on something people dont like... its unworthy..
Sounds like something fun. My Picanto 1.1 EX (europe model) is with 195/40/16" rims and is to the limit. But im not so sure about the 17" rims.
Spoilers are the standard ones. Would be nice with some others.

/ ViCan2

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
This is a very cool idea, really cool that you are doing this and I would love to play round with the software. I think maybe the best thing to do is check out the Picanto garage on this site for variations. The SE, comes with sideskirts and spoiler as standard, also alloys and sports interior trim.

Hope this helps,

Mike

·
Registered
Kia Picanto LX 2004
12 Posts
I do some programming aswell. Vb and java. I dont know which language you are using but if need help and i can help i will. From what i have heared 18" are the max. Not absolutely sure but will do some investigation for u.

Mike

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK cool... im using C++, DirectX n for linux im using OpenGL instead... hope u guys OK with that... btw, enough with the tyres size... i have it... now what r u guys really want inside it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well i'm kinda familliar with libSDL in C so i can cover at least a part of linux dev. In win32 i haven't bothered with directX directly cuz i found this dev api called DarkBasic. It's kinda cool cuz it can ease up the process of development of 3d apps (dx is embeded into it) and it's very very simple to master.
(basic language with DX 9.1). You should check it out. It might speed up the process, and i can help there a lot. (I've got an 3d engine completed all you need is models and some handling routines).
So let's give it a try.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i tried those... if u still remember, i won the 2nd place back in realgametools i got DBPro for free at that time... im not starting a flame here, all i need to say here is, DB quite stabil but soooo **** slow... DBPro quite powerful but need high-end graphics to run it... i try to make it so simple for everybody can use it even within the Laptop with low-end graphics card... just wanna promote to u guys... Blitz3D is the best at this moment for a beginner.. its more like teaching u beginner the hard way till u get best result... thats mean, the same result u can get as well as C++ stuff, n what we call here cheats... i know cheating is bad in class, but in programming term, cheats is the smartest way to implement everything... btw, 40% done... features right now: pro.. orbit rotate, customize b/kits, realistic car paints (reflex, specs, spherical map etc)... cons.. still no detail textures like decals, stickers, vynil etc... have to wait man... still more to go

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys.... just a lil' bit updating here:
our Picanto Mod SDK have this featues:
i - random camera positioning (im quoting the mouse orbit rotate codes - just for while) - hit 'L' so it gonna move to other position
ii - texture still sucks, coz im off at this point... just an ugly base color put on top of it..
iii - 480x272 resolution (actually this SDK made to suitably fit into Playstation Portable sooner, for me to bring my PSP along with the SDK inside and show the Bodykits shop get a better idea its gonna looks like in the end)
iv - flat reflections
v - still no UI yet... sooner

who wanna try this, just email me immediately at [email protected].. the only i can give u guys is the installer for windows n not for PSP... homebrew stuff still illegal for PSP development, please do understand that... and btw, please install DirectX 7 and above at ur own, im not providing it..

p/s email me for feedback saying that which features u have a probs and what u guys wanna see inside the SDK.. thanx

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oo come on u guys... r u true picanto owner??... just 3 emails ive got since a week i post the update... seems u guys not interested at all in what im talking about right???

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
158 Posts
Originally posted by Akat@Aug 15 2005, 07:44 AM
oo come on u guys... r u true picanto owner??... just 3 emails ive got since a week i post the update... seems u guys not interested at all in what im talking about right???
If you take a look in the garage, you will see that there is 8 guys which having a picanto, and of these 8 guys there is 4 which have done something, more or less with the picanto, about styling, bodykit and so on.

maybe your right. my own problem is, that im not sure what your stuff is.... ?

ViCan2

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
read my 1st post.. this is a computer software... Picanto Mod SDK the name... lets say before u want to modify u REAL picanto in REAL life, better for u see to it in virtual how it looks like before u go to custom bodykit shop to do it... the good thing here is, u will know how it looks like before u do it on actual stuff... benefit for u coz u can manage ur car's look in future without bothering it on ur sweety picanto... do u guys get it what im saying here?... it is a software, computer program which is u can install it and run in whatever OS u used, Windows, Linux, Playstation Portable, PDA, Mobile Phone, GBA and Wndows CE... nothing to lose, ur cute picanto will not harm AT ALL... coz this is only a software... got it? software... evrything in virtual... the only im asking u guys is give an email n im gonna send u the file and u install it inside ur computer (or whatever OS state above)... n this is not a VIRUS

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.