Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All driver of picanto

Auto 1.1L- LX with 14" inch sport rim car collected on 22/10/2005 (11:00am) with a full tank to 29/10/2005 (19:00pm).
I have tested my picanto with runing out of fuel ,the indicator was blinking and my engine started to stall thur i park my car at the road side and take a taxi to near by petrol station with a 5L jerry can. good new is i get a 464KM on a full tank.

I using ESSO syn-5000 and get 17.24KM per 1 L of petrol :clap:

·
Registered
56 Posts
For such a new car with that record, that's really amazing. But u are one dare devil, really empty your fuel tank until almost stall. But your car is still new, why your FC so good?? Really strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
becasue many ppl said that u can hit 1L per 18km so I test it myself untill the empty tank. be prepare a 5L can it u need to test your picanto.. :banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a better way to gauge your mileage efficiency.

1) Pump to full tank, read your odometer before you start the engine after this full tank up.
2) Drive till the petrol warning light blinks, head for petrol station
3) Pump back to full and read your odometer again before driving off.
4) Your petrol bill indicates the number of litres you pumped back to full. This shows the amount of fuel consumed from previous odometer reading.
5) Divide the volume of petrol consumed over the difference in odometer readings.

Is there still a need to store 5L? Just pump when the lights come on. This is a safer and smarter option.

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
you can just reset the trip meter when you fill your car up and make sure you read off the number before you fill up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts