Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last conversation with the Kia Dealer, told me they are expecting a Picanto Diesel early next year, he wasn't absolute on the engine size but assumes it'll be at least 1.4. If the economy on the petrol wasn't good enough, imagine the miles you could do in a diesel. Awesome, can't wait for it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Last thing I heard, it was going to be a 1.0 diesel engine, I'm off to KIA next week for a course, I'll see if I can find anything out.

Busy year coming up for KIA for new cars, so who knows whats coming!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Dec 2 2004, 12:01 AM
Last thing I heard, it was going to be a 1.0 diesel engine, I'm off to KIA next week for a course, I'll see if I can find anything out.

Busy year coming up for KIA for new cars, so who knows whats coming!
In that case you gotta do some lobbying to make them send more Picantos to Scandinavia ;)

Have fun though and learn lots so you can teach us stuff :)

/Kasper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I'm looking forward to the Diesel coming out here in the UK apprently it will be out in the UK between April and August approx 1 year after launch of the GS, LX and SE Petrol Models.
I've currently got a Scarlet Red SE 1.1 and the fuel consumption is amazing, But soon i'll be doing alot of motorway miles so 'll be going for the Diesel option next year. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Rio which should be pretty good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First Picanto Diesel has been road tested...hopefully more details to follow
But the engine is:

1.1 chain-cam 3-cylinder diesel: 47kW (64PS)

Not much info I know, But some... :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by jt04@Dec 5 2004, 02:01 PM
I've currently got a Scarlet Red SE 1.1
your name says you have an lx?

anyway, yeah id like a diesel, but having only just got my se im not wanting to get rid of it for quite a few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts