Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi bought car June this year, having repeated problems with brakes binding all round.
Had it back to dealer he fitted new pads and callipers to front, when we collected it he said he had taken it for a run and was now fine.
hubby and l each drove home in our own cars approx 3 miles. Then he got in my car with me l drove about a mile from home and again all brakes were binding. Put car in neutral at 40mph and within 10-15 yards it was down to a crawl. Drove on another 15 minutes it freed itself again, but by the time we got back home it was again binding all round.
The dealer is saying it is because it was stood on forecourt for five months due to Covid and needs "running back in"
Sorry if l am being a pain but not confident to take car any distance as it stands.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
935 Posts
If the mechanic who worked on it was worth her salt she would have taken it out and properly seated the pads to the rotors.
Take is back to them and ask them to 'try again'. If they refuse, don't use them for service anymore.

Reactions: ron1004

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the mechanic who worked on it was worth her salt she would have taken it out and properly seated the pads to the rotors.
Take is back to them and ask them to 'try again'. If they refuse, don't use them for service anymore.
hi, the mechanic is at the garage we purchased the caras it is still under waranty/guarantee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for this, car is still under waranty/guarantee so have to make sure they make things right, much appreciated though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hil found this brake quote but cannot seem to find it listed. We are taking the car back AGAIN tomorrow still not able to take it far from home in case it lets me down.
l am an experenced driver having had my licence since 1989, the garage owner has also said it could be the way it has been driven but cannot see that as my husband and myself do have different styles of driving and the brakes bind which ever of us is at the wheel.
Still all four hubs getting hot despite having had new pads and callipers fitted to the front two.
Any advice or suggestions will REALLY be appreciated, thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts