Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys i bought a kia picanto 2009 and i was just wondering how much does this car can go in a fuel tank cuz i think that mine is consuming lots
thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi. What have you got? 1.0 litre or 1.1litre? Mine is a 1.1 litre 2007 LS. I have been posting fuel consumption figures for quite some time. I don't think the engine is different in the new style picanto but car weight may have changed thus improving economy. Mine achives 46 mpg in the winter and 50mpg in the summer. (17-18 km/litre) Others have got significantly better and significantly worse fuel consumption with theirs. If you have an automatic then I'm afraid you will suffer.
What have you been getting? To be accurate, fill up your tank to the brim. Drive it till the fuel warning light comes on and then fill up again. Over such a long distance and varied conditions you will get a more accurate picture.
good luck. Flingo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. What have you got? 1.0 litre or 1.1litre? Mine is a 1.1 litre 2007 LS. I have been posting fuel consumption figures for quite some time. I don't think the engine is different in the new style picanto but car weight may have changed thus improving economy. Mine achives 46 mpg in the winter and 50mpg in the summer. (17-18 km/litre) Others have got significantly better and significantly worse fuel consumption with theirs. If you have an automatic then I'm afraid you will suffer.
What have you been getting? To be accurate, fill up your tank to the brim. Drive it till the fuel warning light comes on and then fill up again. Over such a long distance and varied conditions you will get a more accurate picture.
good luck. Flingo
i have a 1.1 engine automatic i didnt fill up the tank so i guess ill be doing this and reposting the results here

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have a 1.1 engine automatic i didnt fill up the tank so i guess ill be doing this and reposting the results here
Hi Nino. It will help to keep a clear picture of what the little devil will actually consume over a period of time. Sorry, but automatics seem to drink the stuff so don't be surprised if you are getting less than 35 mpg (11km/litre) ish.
Thought the new design would be better. Hope you prove me wrong.
But when all is said and done, I love the little beast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2005 1.1lx model and the fuel consumption is terrible unless you drive like a deceased centenarian.. above 80mph is a definite no no.. you can watch the fuel gauge needle go down... and that's the wife driving.. my car has a 1.4i engine and that returns better consumption even though I drive ahem rather naughtily..

DP..

ps.. it looks to me that some folks get a good picanto with reasonable consumption and few reliability problems.. the rest of us just get a piece of rubbish that isn't fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i have filled up the gas tank i drove the car till the fuel light is on it made 177km

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi new picanto1 59 plate, uk owner ere, just joined, had the car 3 wks now and have noticed that the fuel gets drank quicker than my last car, which was a clio 1.1
this picanto1 has only done 370 miles for one tank, wheres my clio did mostly near 420 miles, with both taking 35.00 uk pounds to fill or to nearest round up. seem to be getting less for my money even though new car wheres the clio was 12 years old and a very good car indeed,, changed to the kia picanto1 due to the goverments scrappage deals etc. i keep the car at no more than 60 miles per hr to get the most of the fuel, but the clio i drove at 70+ and still got more miles, any idea how i can get more miles out of the car for the fuel costs. other than the new car drinking like i do largers, its a very nice car and fits my requirements. If theres anything else any1 would like to tell me about my new car, feel free, as will help in case anything should go wrong thax guys and gals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
shywazz
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing