Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Picanto 1100 model 2005
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my car has started reffing without me even touching the petrol pedal. The first diagnostic test said it could be throttle position sensor or crank sensor but now mechanic says it could be idling actuator. Any advise for me please

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,454 Posts
Yes it could be the IAC solenoid. BUT more common to find a hole or tear in the plastic tube from the throttle body to MAF/ air cleaner unit.
Best help comes when the actual P format codes are posted in a thread and a bit of info of recent happenings with the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,084 Posts
Yes it could be the IAC solenoid. BUT more common to find a hole or tear in the plastic tube from the throttle body to MAF/ air cleaner unit.
Add to that list of potential suspects, it could be an intake manifold vacuum leak.

@Suzette Your comments lead us to believe that you're not a DIY person and reliant on a mechanic, but it appears that the mechanic you're using is not suitably qualified and experienced and that usually ends up costing you more than it should.

I recommend that you find a better mechanic - this is not very difficult to diagnose, but obviously beyond the current mechanics abilities.

Reactions: AUTOSPARK
1 - 4 of 4 Posts