Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW-TO Install

Philips LED Daylight 8 Daytime Running Lights (DRL) - Soul 2012
Process would work for Philips Daylight 4 also...

I just installed these on my 2012 Kia Soul and posted a video on YouTube of the entire process...
I have never done anything like this before to any vehicle but it was relatively easy...
It took about 3.5 hours mainly because I was trying to film everything...

Here is the link for the video...

Philips Daylight 8 - 2012 Kia Soul - Philips LED Daylight 8 Daytime Running Lights (DRL) - YouTube

Also here are some pictures of the kit and the final install...

I hope everyone finds this useful...

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
very professional video, nice job. Question - when you are showing yourself handling the items with both hands, is the camera strapped to your chest?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very professional video, nice job. Question - when you are showing yourself handling the items with both hands, is the camera strapped to your chest?
No. I was using a GoPro Camera with the head mount... I had never used one and didn't do a good job aiming it and/or keeping the video in frame... I had a lot of useless footage because the camera was not pointed correctly... They should put a little laser on the cameras to aim where it is looking...

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Great job, I think you would be good a projects in general, a person after my own heart, by laying your gear out neatly shows an organised mind. Regards Peter

·
Registered
2012 Soul + 2007 F350 D
13 Posts
Aiming a GoPro isn't too hard of you use their app on a smart phone. It lets you preview what the camera sees on the phone, as well as let the phone act as a remote control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aiming a GoPro isn't too hard of you use their app on a smart phone. It lets you preview what the camera sees on the phone, as well as let the phone act as a remote control.
Thanks for the info I will have to the the WIFI backpack to do it though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts