Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Considering the upcoming PHEV Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going crazy trying to find info on the PHEV. All I see are "and there'll be a PHEV later this year". The dealer's saying they have no idea when it'll be available, but of course they are--they'd rather sell what's on the lot. :)

Anyone have any hints about when the PHEV Sorento will be available? Or even an educated guess?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
Late summer/early fall.

It will be out in Europe months before here..

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT Manual
53 Posts
I'm going crazy trying to find info on the PHEV. All I see are "and there'll be a PHEV later this year". The dealer's saying they have no idea when it'll be available, but of course they are--they'd rather sell what's on the lot. :)

Anyone have any hints about when the PHEV Sorento will be available? Or even an educated guess?
Are you in Seattle? If so I work at a local dealer to you. The furthest we have actually been told is "Fall maybe". We are running in to a similar thing that happened with the new EV Soul, pushed it back, pushed it back again, then said "Never mind you have the Niro, you don't get to have it in the states." I hope that doesn't happen, I have several customers right now wanting the PHEV.

We have also been told that when the PHEV is released there may be an AWD variant of the hybrid, but we will see.

I can actually see from here what every Kia dealer has on their lot, and what they have coming, if you wanna know I can find out for you.

·
Registered
Non Kia vehicle/gmc Acadia
27 Posts
Lots of reviews from Europe. One guy predicted 148mpg. Also only a 4K euro premium. Cheaper after fed rebate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I’m in Seattle. It’s frustrating, because it’d tick all the boxes I want: 3 row, good-looking, electric.
Well, I’d prefer to ditch the gas engine and have a full electric 3-row that’s not a Tesla Y but y’know. Close enough.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid
2 Posts
Yes I’m in Seattle. It’s frustrating, because it’d tick all the boxes I want: 3 row, good-looking, electric.
Well, I’d prefer to ditch the gas engine and have a full electric 3-row that’s not a Tesla Y but y’know. Close enough.
Just curious. Why not a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid? It has 3 rows and is pretty good looking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious. Why not a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid? It has 3 rows and is pretty good looking.
Not AWD. And the looks. I’d be into the Carnival though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts