Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a plug in Niro I'm the very near future, but upon contacting dealerships in my area, I've been told everything from "they've stopped making them" to "they haven't been introduced in our area". Can anybody confirm if florida can or cannot get ? I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere that it was only rolling out in certain areas. I usually notice things like that, but perhaps I missed it this time?

Thx for any info!

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Go to the Kia website and search nearby and other FL dealers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania, and had been thinking about a Niro PHEV for months before finally buying one last week. I did regular searches on Cars.com and Kia's site, and never saw any available in PA, but lots of them at dealers in Maryland. I started negotiating with a Maryland dealer, but I called my local Kia dealer and asked if they could get one. After a delay of more than a day, my local dealer called me back and said the PHEV was not being distributed in PA, but Kia would allow them to special order one. By this time I had already decided to buy in Maryland, where the dealer had more than a dozen on the lot, including several 2018 leftovers, that apparently had been lingering for more than 3 months and were heavily discounted. Seems a little odd to me that they would sell them at a discount to get rid of them in one of the "approved" states - while I'm driving 180 miles to buy one out-of-state because my local dealers don't have any. I read that they limited the distribution because Kia doesn't think it has the battery production capacity to support nationwide distribution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts