Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I almost bought a 19/11/01 Sedona SE new shape with leather interior etc. Agreed a price and on the last minute I noticed the engine DID NOT STATE 'CRDi' on the cover. it only said TDI DOHC 16V.

Is is possible that a facelift phase II model can be fitted with a non-common rail engine ? or is it possible the first phaseII engines just didn't get the right logos on the plastic covers ?

Please advise.

If anyone has a 2002 2.9 diesel....whats written on your cover??????

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It's possible it's got the non CRDi engine.
Have a look under the engine cover see if it's the common rail type.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE & 2004 Accord 2.2I-CDTI Exec
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Due to the intercooler its difficult to access.....but, the seller had a maintenance pit at his premises so I got to look underneath. I could definately spot the fuel pump with one pipe coming out of it.
If it was a non-common-rail it would have four.

Anyway...I bought the car.

The thing I failed to notice was it was starting to rust at the edges of the tailgate handle strip.

I was really dissappointed when I got home because its clearly a design flaw, but the car is 3yrs,8months old so its outside its paintwork warranty.
So I'll probably end up spending a few hundred quid getting the tailgate re-sprayed. This is something I'd a expected on a 10yr old car...not a 3yr one.

So there you have it, I'm now in the Kia Sedona club so watch out for many more posts from me as I get familiar with my car.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Paintwork is 6 year warranty.
Did you buy from a kia dealer?
If so take it straight back.
Does the service book show body inspections?
If so, just take to any kia dealer, all warranted! if not it will be harder to convince, but not impossible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts