Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum because I have been interested in buying the Amanti for some time (best bang for the buck). The problem is that EVERY review/roadtest references - underpowered! With a solid DOHC 3.5 V6, why can't I find any factory or aftermarket performance/hp boosting equipment, preferrably that do not void that wonderful warranty??? HELP

JWD, Dallas

·
Registered
5 Posts
JWD....

I've owned an Amanti since August and have gone on several trips with it. I have driven it on flat terrain and in the mountains. The Amanti is not a powerhouse like some cars, but I have no complaints concerning the power. How much power do you need? In the mountains you can put the gear selector in the "MANUAL" mode and shift into any gear you need at the time. You can do the same thing for coming onto the freeway or for passing.

It would be "fun" to have more power, but it is not needed. My wife drives the Amanit most of the time and we BOTH love it. I don't think you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi JWD!

I agree with Deputywaterdog! :57:

I have owned my Amanti for well over a year (23,000 miles) and have never felt that it was 'underpowered'. At 200 horsepower, it is on the low end of today's premium class sedans -true, but it is more than enough to drive safely and comfortably. If you want to race another premium class car AND they are willing to use all their power and drive aggressively, you'll simply not be the fastest.

Any car that does 137 mph top speed and 0-60 MPH in 8.7 seconds is not really underpowered in my opinion. I find auto magazines have a distinct love affair with power and handling. While this is certainly desirable in many cases, there are other factors that should be considered. The quiet ride, comfortable seats, build quality, beautiful interior, comfort features, etc., -these are the real considerations for owning an automobile (IMHO).

I would recommend a thorough test drive before purchasing. And...I think you'll be happy with an Amanti's performance! Please, keep us posted in your decision! I think right now there are some fantastic deals going on, so good luck!

-Pete

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to the forum. I bought my amanti about one month ago. And have taken a trip in it about one thousand miles on the trip. It is not a sport sedan. But i had more than enough power for passing and merging into highway traffic. I think you will find it quite reponsive when you acellerate. But take a test drive and you be the judge i donot think you will be dissapointed. Have a good day.
Cooldon

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a new Amanti and I say there is plenty of power. I've driven it in almost any kind of situation (except snow and ice) that ypou can think of and it is just fine. The gas milage falls a wee bit short of what is advertised, but it's not really an issue. The engine seems to be geared (right word?) to deliver lots of low-end punch and then level off in about third gear. At any rate, I love mine to death! I have never owned a more comfortable car - and with the 10 yr 100,000 mile wrap for 900 bucks? It's a bunch of car for the $$$. Mine listed at $28500, and I ewalkec out at $23300. I am loving it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts