Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am going to buy a Magentis this summer, but i want to know about its performance and its KM/litre. and what difference is for 2.0 and for 2.5 litre highest speed. and also tel me how is the kia dealers service if you own a Kia car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by blueice@Aug 10 2004, 10:19 PM
Hi i am going to buy a Magentis this summer, but i want to know about its performance and its KM/litre. and what difference is for 2.0 and for 2.5 litre highest speed. and also tel me how is the kia dealers service if you own a Kia car.
I have got the 2.5 V6, and I must say, that this is by far the best car I have ever owned. Before this I had the Peugeot 406 2.2 with 160 hp, before that it was a Ford Mondeo 1.8. (have had others, but this covers 6 yrs back)

The Ford Mondeo was a very stable car, with a good 115 hp engine. The performance was 0-100 km/h in 10,5 s. Top speed was around 186 km/h. A good car, but too many vibrations from the wheels - a problem that could not be fixed.

The Peugeot 406 2.2 had a great engine, and the whole interior of the car was really great. I don't know why, but acceleration was as slow as 0-100 in 10 sec. This was dissapointing, but the top speed was 224 km/h measured on my GPS - spedometer in the car said 235 ! This car was awsome on the open road !

Now I have chosen the Kia Magentis. Mostly because of a very low tax. In Denmark we have to pay a tax of 25% the (company)cars invoiced price excl. accessories mounted at the dealer - and that is 25% every year ! This means, that my Magentis incl. accessories costs $48.800. Normally I would have added a tax value of $12.200 to my yearly salary, and as I pay 62% tax, it would cost me $630 every month. But, as KIA in Denmark sells the cars very basic, and then mounts accessories locally, this means AC, leather seats, aluminum rims etc. etc., the invoiced price was only $33.000. This reduces my monthly tax to only $426 !
I cant afford to say no to this saving - and then get to drive a V6.
Yet I haven't had the Magentis at its top speed. So far I have had it on 209 km/h, (update - had it running 214 very steady for several minutes)
However, the acceleration from 0-100 km/h is done in 8,5 sec !

If I was you, I would take the 2.5 because of the accelleration AND the sound. However, the milage is only 10 km per litre of gasoline. The 2.0 should perform better than this, and you get also quite good acceleration, but you will miss the great V6 sound !

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are looking for the ease of driving 0-40kph like typical Jap made weighing 20% less, you can forget about this car.

But if stability, handling, smoothness and the wanting to go faster at 40-120kph, you'll love it.

Originally posted by blueice@Aug 11 2004, 01:19 AM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts