Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 new '05 Spectras'. One is a Spectra EX model with all the fixins' except ABS and the other is a Spec5 with maunal tran and all the fixins' execpt ABS. I got the Spectra for my fiance and the Spec5 for me (of course). There are 2 things I would like to do to the Spec5. One is get a K and N Filter or Cold Air Intake but I do not want to void any part of the warranty. Now I know that a drop in K and N will not void it but not sure about a CAI. If I do go with a cold air intake I would like to get one that doesnt require me to modify anything within the engine compartment. Is something like that available? The second thing i would like to do is upgrade the stereo system. While it is sufficient I would prefer a system with MP3 playback which I understand is available in the Canadian models.Please give me any recommendations for both upgrades mentioned above and advice one way or the other? All opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Tallguy240

P.S. I will post some pics of the cars soon.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I have got a K&N Filter in my 05 Spectra SX Sedan. I havent noticed a hp gain with it but have noticed better gas milage with it. CLICK HERE for a CAI from kfxperformance.com. About the headunit........here is a thread about that....but Im having issues on finding it. Once I do I will let ya know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts