Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the performance chips?? If so, up to 60 hp and 4-8mpg better? True? Also what about voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,525 Posts
They might work on diesels but on gas engines they are a scam. If they worked don't you think the manufacturers would be using them?

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
Some performance chips work fine, though I don't think any good ones are made for Sorento V6 as yet. These are $250-$350 price range, not the scam $50-$100 ones. The good ones really modify your computers programing and can be tailored to your requirements.
KIA aftermarket apparently not yet interested in the V6. I think when we get the newer larger V6 that the Genesis is using with direct injection, etc. that will make the V6 come alive even more.

·
Registered
'12 White EX V6 AWD Prem Pkg
18 Posts
Not sure you can do much with chipping non-turbo engines, 4's or 6's. Chips work best and get the most bang-for-bucks with turbo-ed engines by remapping the boost characteristics. There may be options for the turbo GDI but that's not available on the Sorento so that's mute I guess ... I'd say spend your mod $ elsewhere.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
There's not a whole lot you can do with a normally aspirated engine in terms of "chipping". I suppose you could theoretically advance the timing a little if you wanted to always use premium gas, but I suspect the performance gain would be minimal.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Has anyone used it on the diesel version yet? I have the 2.2 Diesel sorento.
I used one on my 2007 Sportage 2.0 CRDI. Did not notice any real improvement in the performance. Just the placebo effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts