Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX Turbo
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI.

Local Walmart is selling Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic at CAD 27. Most other Pennzoil syn/non-syn are on sale.

#stayhome
#enjoythelockdown

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
617 Posts
Also, don't forget to get $10 MIR from Pennzoil:

Actually, they run that $10 off all the time and I always take advantage of it; takes a few weeks but you get the check in mail.... just saying.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX Turbo
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, don't forget to get $10 MIR from Pennzoil:

Actually, they run that $10 off all the time and I always take advantage of it; takes a few weeks but you get the check in mail.... just saying.

Nice! I did the rebate once when it was regular price (something like 40). I didn't know there is still MIR even with on sale price. So that means the oil is only $17. That is a great price!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well, a little more than that - $27.77 + tax = let's say $30, then minus $10 rebate = $20 which is a very good price.
I was actually ready to switch to Costco oil at US$25 for two jugs but cannot go to US anymore due to that virus thing.

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
75 Posts
Must be because the price of oil is way down. I was shocked to see Walmart had it at $19.99 US. Didn't know about a rebate though. Hopefully I can find the receipt as $9.99 for 5 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum after the rebate would be crazy. I bought 4 jugs which will cover both of our cars oil changes for 2020.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,348 Posts
Must be because the price of oil is way down. I was shocked to see Walmart had it at $19.99 US. Didn't know about a rebate though. Hopefully I can find the receipt as $9.99 for 5 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum after the rebate would be crazy. I bought 4 jugs which will cover both of our cars oil changes for 2020.
I have NOT been out to such stores in 3.5weeks due to restricted travel here in NY. My 2 nearest Walmarts are 30some miles away. 2 of my 3 road vehicles are due for changes(I already have Valvoline equivalent on hand), but with very limited driving and poor weather till today, I've been in NO HURRY to do them. 1 of the cars has not been driven in a month now, other than to move it when needed in the driveway!
I hope with better weather and some way to beat this Covid-19 that this all ends SOON!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm decently stocked as I always keep a year worth of oil changes for 3 cars with 2 cars getting a change every 4 months and the other one every 6 months. Taking one car off the road for a few months due to wife working from home so no need to drive or having insurance. Insurance here is about C$200/mo, and C$200/mo worth of gas savings now too...

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,861 Posts
I'm decently stocked as I always keep a year worth of oil changes for 3 cars with 2 cars getting a change every 4 months and the other one every 6 months. Taking one car off the road for a few months due to wife working from home so no need to drive or having insurance. Insurance here is about C$200/mo, and C$200/mo worth of gas savings now too...
Smart, ...I wonder how many in that situation think of doing that.

We are using both our cars, but I should look at doing that for my Harley it sleeps in my garage half the year.

·
Registered
617 Posts
When I had bike I'd ride it about 6 months and have storage only ins on car, then drive during winter and storage only ins on bike.
If I really needed to drive during bike season I'd get temp insurance on car for a few days.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Never seen the 'Ultra' in a Walmart. obviously they technically carry it but maybe the stores in my area don't get it for some reason. But it makes no difference if they did - Amazon brings it to my door and I don't have to put a mask on and go 'dumpster-diving' with the freaks in Walmart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts