Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I thought I'd pull my PCV valve at 63K miles and clean it out, just to make sure it wasn't fouled up or anything. Actually wasn't all that bad, however, when putting it back in, I guess I gave it a little too much torque, and it snapped in half at the threads. Luckily I was able to back the threads out with my fingers... In looking around at the auto parts stores, none of the PCV valves for the Rondo's 2.4L engine looked like the one I had.

(PCV valve listed at auto parts stores and RockAuto):

I called around to the dealers in my area and found out that depending on the VIN, there are different PCV valves for the Rondo's 2.4L, and none of the dealerships stock that particular part. They would have to order it from the factory in Korea, and it would be some time before I could get one. Looking around, I found one that looked like mine on RockAuto, listed for the Forte SX with the 2.4L Theta II from the Rondo, and had it 2 day delivered.

(What mine looked like, before it snapped in half):

So, if you happen to need a PCV valve for the Rondo, and your's doesn't look like the one carried in the local auto stores or online, this is the part you need:

Airtex/Wells 6P1359

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking around, I found one that looked like mine on RockAuto, listed for the Forte SX with the 2.4L Theta II from the Rondo, and had it 2 day delivered.
Just wanted to make sure anyone else that may be looking for one knows where they can find one.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6 2.7L
7 Posts
Thanks Pizza... I will make sure to double check the the PCV on my 2007 2.7 before I purchase a new one....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts