Kia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
833 Posts
Appreciate the detailed responses @conwelpic and @jasonamd. I hadnt realised the stone chips would be from my own car - which was quite relevant as my daily drive includes a construction area where gravel has crept onto the driving area.

that said - i checked my vehicle and it does not have the patches on the frame (shown by the arrows on the left in @conwelpic's picture). This is the situation on both passenger side as well as driver side of the vehicle. Do any of you have the equivalent patches on the Sorento (SX in my case)? Or is that the door / wheel well design of the Soul requires the extra patch. Thanks in advance and for your guidance on this issue

I have the patches on my rear doors (Canadian SX)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
697 Posts
Appreciate the detailed responses @conwelpic and @jasonamd. I hadnt realised the stone chips would be from my own car - which was quite relevant as my daily drive includes a construction area where gravel has crept onto the driving area.

that said - i checked my vehicle and it does not have the patches on the frame (shown by the arrows on the left in @conwelpic's picture). This is the situation on both passenger side as well as driver side of the vehicle. Do any of you have the equivalent patches on the Sorento (SX in my case)? Or is that the door / wheel well design of the Soul requires the extra patch. Thanks in advance and for your guidance on this issue
There is no frame section on the Sorento to place a patch like on the Soul. The door goes all the way back to the wheel well. The Soul has a section of frame between the wheel well and door.

The parts diagram for the Sorento only shows a single patch on each side.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage 2.4
1 Posts
DON'T REMOVE THEM, they are there to give you additional protection from chips. I have something similar on my Soul, also had it on my Soul prior to that and my Rondo prior to that. Stickers that are protection when shipping are general white, not clear and therefore will be removed by the dealer when they do the PDI.

So my body is silver and that area is dirt around the edges. So how do you clean them. I've used soap and brush and power washer. Only way I see is to remove and replace. Any recommendations

21 - 23 of 23 Posts