Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger window doesnt work at all anymore what could it bit does this once in a while then it works again now nothing :57: maybey the axeman has an idea it would be appreciated

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does it fail to work with either window switch? If yes, chances are the window motor is bad.

If it works with one window switch but not with the other then the switch itself needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response axeman when it doesnt work its with both switches then all of a sudden it works should i take off the door panel to see is all the plugin are good :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes, pull the door panel and check that you have +12 volts at the motor connector when you activate a switch. If you do and the window doesn't move then the motor is probably bad.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ill try it this weekend but i only have a test light will it do :) all day yesterday it didnt work then last night when putting it in the garage it worked fine and this morning nothing again my rear door locks dont work whith the key anymore and my alarm stopped working for many months and now the alarm works with the key but not the rear locks could this all be connected to the same problem :57:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My '98 Sportage does the same thing with the passenger window. It seems to be the drivers door switch panel, i think there is a bad contact between the child switch and the window switch. Pain in the bum. Maybe try taking the multi-switch unit out and spray all the contacts with contact cleaner. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
The member Jill sent me an email. This is what was said..........

Yes we have this problem with our 2000 kia sportage, however now it
doesn't work at all anymore, none of them work!! I have no idea what is
wrong with it! Let me know what you find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts