Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Titanium Silver '15 Sorento SXL
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sorento SXL. I have my key fob set to fold in the mirrors when I double-click the lock button (I live in the city, and the likelihood of them being knocked off on the narrow streets is pretty high). For the first couple years I had the car (I bought it CPO in 2018) everything was fine. For the past few months, though, when the passenger side mirror folds out when I unlock the car (by double-clicking the unlock button), the passenger side mirror folds out just fine, but the mirror, itself, is often positioned in a very different place then when I locked the car. Instead of seeing the back corner of my passenger side, and the road behind, it'll be angled way out, so I can't even see my car. Bottom line: it's moving on its own, to seemingly random positions.

My Sorento also has the side mirrors that can angle down so you can see the curb. I usually leave that turned off, but have tried leaving it on, as well, and the issue still occurs.

I found this comment:

from a post on the Sedona forum (and from about 8 years ago), which sounds similar. It sounds a lot like my issue. I don't think I need a new battery. I'd be tempted to disconnect it to see if it fixes the mirror issue, but I think I'd likely have all kinds of stuff get messed up (presets lost, need to reprogram that, etc.), so would rather not try that.

Any ideas what it could be, or what I might try doing to fix it?

·
Registered
Titanium Silver '15 Sorento SXL
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm......interesting thought! I will definitely look into that.

It's always me driving the car, though, and I always use the same fob.

Wouldn't your theory require someone different to have driven the car, or a different fob to be in use, to account for the changing position?

I'll definitely try resetting it, though. I hadn't thought of that as a possibility.

Thank you!

Doug

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX V6 AWD
56 Posts
my 2014 does not remeber fob, just the button press, last person to use it.
Sometimes i takeit in for service and the other number #2,#1 has been selected

1 - 4 of 4 Posts