Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I reclined the seat, but when I returned the seat to normal, the backrest returned slowly and then stopped halfway. Now it reclines but inop on return. Could the switch be bad or would it be the motor? I read somewhere that it's possible to rewire the switch in that it would return the seat upright when the recline switch is activated, but not sure how.
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sedona EX
3 Posts
Faulty switch

Hi,

I had the same thing happen to my 2005 Sedona EX. What I ended up doing was swapping out the control switches from the passenger to the driver side to troubleshoot. I discovered that the Driver side was no longer working. A new switch is what you probably need. They are pretty expensive though. You may want to consider adjusting the Passenger side like you want it, and then taking that passenger side switch and swapping it to your driver side. This worked for me because I needed the driver side to adjust (my wife and I have two completely different settings when we drive.) and the passenger side would be fine not ever being adjusted again.

Check Ebay for the part, but the ones I saw were very expensive.

-Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drive seat switch prob

Hello,
My drive seat does not go forward. All other functions are fine. I do not know how to check. Currently my driver seat is all the way back and I cannot bring it back. There is a connector at the bottom of the seat. I unplugged it, everything was still working. The seat is all the way back so cannot go back further, but cannot back forward due to a problem.

how do I fix that?

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts