Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger door light flickers when I am driving and also when the car is off. I've noticed in the mornings before I go to work that it is on and may be on all night. The door is always closed, and there are no warnings on my dash about an open door or anything like that. The main problem is it is draining my battery. I just had to put a new one and am afraid it will just drain this new one too. Any easy way to make it stop or do I need to take it in? (2006 model btw)

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
My passenger door light flickers when I am driving and also when the car is off. I've noticed in the mornings before I go to work that it is on and may be on all night. The door is always closed, and there are no warnings on my dash about an open door or anything like that. The main problem is it is draining my battery. I just had to put a new one and am afraid it will just drain this new one too. Any easy way to make it stop or do I need to take it in? (2006 model btw)
Check the wire harness where it runs between the body and the door, you may also want to make sure that there is no damage inside the door (remove the panel) where the wires are exposed and touching. It doesn't sound like a door switch issue or all the lights would be on, sounds like a simple wiring issue into that door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Door light

I had the same problem recently and determined it was just a touchy switch. I took a pad of duct tape ( 4 layers thick and 3/4 inch square) and stuck it to the inside of the door that touches the rubber boot over the switch plunger. No trouble since. I know this may not be the fix you want but the switch must be extremely touchy and have several contact points inside. CRAIG

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I had the same problem recently and determined it was just a touchy switch. I took a pad of duct tape ( 4 layers thick and 3/4 inch square) and stuck it to the inside of the door that touches the rubber boot over the switch plunger. No trouble since. I know this may not be the fix you want but the switch must be extremely touchy and have several contact points inside. CRAIG
I'm thinking not the cause in this case. The OP describes is as just the bulb in that door. If it was the switch showing the door as open, as your case, it would illuminate ALL the door controlled lights, as well as the "door open" indicator on the dash...

Good thinking with thickening up the contact point on the door to push the pins in even further. My old Stratus had a similar problem and I just superglued the pin in one night instead...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts