Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX Limited and Preferred Package
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just came back Saturday eveing after moving son in for 2nd year of school. The air conditioner running entire time as it is a tad warm in Texas during August. We hit a rain storm for about an hour of the trip. We were moving along with traffic at about 75mph or more, this section has 75mph limit so 80 is about main speed.

Wife noticed water on her floorboard. I have the Weathertech digital mats designed to catch and hold a spilled drink, so I know it wasn't coming from below. This leaves the sun roof and/or windshield. I called the dealer and have an appointment first AM on Thursday. Are there any known issues I should mention????

I am wanting to give the dealer a fair shot at fix, but want to let them know I am also staying up to speed on this prooblem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD, Dark Cherry
153 Posts
Most likely the A/C drain hose is blocked, I had that happen two months after purchase.

However, in June I had about 2 inches of water on the passenger side. I took the car to the dealer (service and mechanic) both saw the issue and never found the problem. They even put my car in the car wash for a few hours and bone dry. Issue hasn't come back.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX Limited and Preferred Package
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to say it could be the A/C drain but that is never shut off here, especially this time of year. I also wouldn't be too mad if it was something to do with the sunroof drains as engineers usually screw that up too.

There was no water in the car for the 10 hours of driving prior to this water showing up. It only showed up during a rain storm at high speeds. I am afraid it is going to be a windshiled issue, even though there isn't any wind noise.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD, Dark Cherry
153 Posts
Just to rule things out, i don't have a sunroof so it might be a windshield issue. Let us know what your dealer finds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts