Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a 2013 kia sportage and I'm confuaed on the passenger airbag lights. When no one is in the seat, "off" is illuminated. When someone is in the seat and is buckled, nothing is lit. When the passenger seat is empty, is "passenger air bag" also supposed to light up with the word "off"? I've never seen "passenger airbag" light up and I'm just curious if itssupposed to and if not then when does it?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
The words "passenger airbag" don't light up. Your car is fine.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage LX, 2013 Sportage LX
12 Posts
Sometimes I put my lunchbox in the passenger seat and it turns the airbag off. I think it detects it thinking there is a small child in the seat!?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,052 Posts
That's why they print Owners Manuals.....

Reactions: koreanwheels

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
That's why they print Owners Manuals.....
Is that what that stack of bound paper is with the words "owner's manual" on the front is? :cool:

Reactions: koreanwheels

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
That's the "one" they normally keep in the glove compartment, right?
I keep mine in the back, in that storage under the floor. Gotta keep the glove box clear for cold drinks and candy! :cool:

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
26 Posts
Still Not Clear. . . . .

So just to clarify, the passenger airbag indicator consists of the red symbol of a belted occupant to the left of the screen followed by the words 'Passenger Air Bag Off'.

The words 'Passenger Air Bag' never illuminate, only the word 'Off' illuminates and only when the seat is empty and stays illuminated constantly while the vehicle is being driven. Only the red symbol to the left side extinguishes itself after 5-6 seconds after the vehicle is started.

The owner's manual is somewhat ambiguous on the matter.
If only the illuminated word 'Off' could be extinguished or at least be tied into the dash light rheostat so you could at least dim it a bit. It's fairly annoying at night!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts