Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which I knew it would, but I have an advisory on the n/s inner cv boot clip slightly leaking grease but not allowing water or dirt to get in, the car has only done 17.5k, is this a prone thing to fail and how much am I looking at when it does? It was also commented on that the brake discs are slightly pitted and corroded on the inner face, but no action required yet. I wouldn't expect the discs to need replacing for a good while and I don't get on the anchors like a idiot I can read the road well and brake accordingly. Any idea anyone?

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
My pro passed its first MOT with no advisories at 40k last year. Had the discs and pads replaced at 50k service a few weeks ago. Pads were very low and it was noticeable when braking and discs were on min thickness. I was a bit suprised but i cant complain at 50k from pads. It does seem that since asbestos was removed from pads they last longer but discs wear quicker. On the up side i shouldnt have to replace them again while i own the car! And its the first unexpected outlay on the car in 4 years of onwership so i cant complain.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50k is fair enough mate, I think they are just preparing me for potential outlay next year on it's next service, but by then at my current milage per annum it will only be at about 24k, they are probably just trying to get some extra cash out of me, I may get the wheels off and have alook for myself when the weather is abit nicer. Any idea on the cv boot?

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Is the CV boot not a warranty item, as surely shouldn't be failing at 17500 miles !!
Mine had 28k on the clock and had no such issues, and AyJay's almost double that with good CV boots.
Take a look at both sides when you check the disks dude.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a CV boot replaced under warranty once when the car went in for a service.

As for brakes, I've done 64000 miles and reckon I'm only half way down the pads. I got 130000 miles out of the pads on my last car (1 series) so it's probably more of a reflection on my driving than anything else.

Daz

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like it will be a warranty job when it needs doing. You would of thought they would of done it when they saw it was on it's way out as they would of got paid of Kia regardless. 130k has to be a world record surely?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts