Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Sorento
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the Kia Part Number for the Bank 2 Sensor 1 Oxygen sensor on a 2003 Sorento? Unless somebody knows a GOOD usable aftermarket sensor. I tried using an after market sensor before and it was worthless.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,401 Posts
Call a KIA dealer near you and ask them.
There are four of them. 2 pre cat and 2 post cat. Tell them driver side or passenger. They should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
2003 Sorento
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already knew everything you told me. All I wanted was the actual part number so I could find an OEM one on ebay. Unless there is a GOOD after market one that will actually work.

·
Registered
2003 Sorento
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I meant to avoid going to the dealer and find out here, but I guess nobody here knows. So thanks anyway, and I'm going to the dealer for the part number and try to purchase one on ebay. Thanks again.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,401 Posts
I looked at a number of KIA parts sites and saw a number of part numbers. I could have listed them all and then you would have come back with "Which one fits?
My suggestion was to call KIA and tell them what you needed and get the part number. There are a few of the members here that are parts managers but they would have needed your vin to get it right.
Some of the diagrams only showed 3 sensors and I know the 03 Sorrento with a 3.5 takes 4 so I did not want to mislead you on your quest. Not many of us here have part numbers memorized so we may not know. Many years ago I could rattle off part numbers for tune up parts for 70's and 80's model cars but not now.

·
Registered
2003 Sorento
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I plan to check the dealer tomorrow.
I am a Harley rider and have owned about seven different ones over the last 40 some years, and have had a factory service and parts manual for each one as long as I owned it. The parts manuals have been as valuable as the factory service manuals. I do have a genuine Kia Service manual for the Sorento.
I just assumed there is also such a thing as a Kia parts manual for each of the years and models of Kias and somebody would have one. I guess I've never actually seen one, so it seems I guessed wrong. THANKS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts