Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Is there any way to change the Parking sensors sensitivity/distance. I want to reduce the distance alarm of my rear center sensors. Is it possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
No,you can't adjust them. On my other car i did udjust them once,bumped into something the same day. They are oversensitive in Sportage,but i am yet to bump into something after year and a half i own the car.

·
Registered
'15 Sorento SX
49 Posts
I completely agree they're oversensitive, and really wish they could be adjusted. Unlike my wife's '12 Sorento, they go off all the time, with little consistency as to the conditions. I asked the dealer to take a look, and they said the sensors responded to people walking around where they should, and besides, wouldn't I really rather have them see too much than not enough? Well, numerous false alarms are a bad thing - I'm tempted to turn the alarm off, which is what pilots and others do sometimes, with rather negative consequences.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte 2.0 EX Sunroof 4ATT,KIA SORRENTO LX 2012 FWD 4CIL 6ATT
24 Posts
I completely agree they're oversensitive, and really wish they could be adjusted. Unlike my wife's '12 Sorento, they go off all the time, with little consistency as to the conditions. I asked the dealer to take a look, and they said the sensors responded to people walking around where they should, and besides, wouldn't I really rather have them see too much than not enough? Well, numerous false alarms are a bad thing - I'm tempted to turn the alarm off, which is what pilots and others do sometimes, with rather negative consequences.
i was last month to the regular service check at 75k and the parking sensors are faulty ,even with alarm on are not working ,going back on 27 to change i don't know what under waranty;strange that.. they work on moving people if you are not on reverse gear??

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyway to adjust the back up camera delay? when i go to reverse i have a 3 second to 5 second delay. i would like it to come on instantly. anyone know if thats possible or atleast shorten the delay. thanks

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,063 Posts
They are not over sensitive...............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts