Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage EX AWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this thing under the headlight? I only see it on the European models. Is it a headlight washer or is it a sensor for the self parking system?

And why are the fog lights different on the European models? Is there some sort of rule they have to have cornering lamps?

And why do the rear turn signals have a clear lense and blink yellow rather than all red?

Just been wondering....:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
27 Posts
Little Square under the headlights are the headlights washers, they are required by law in the EU if you have projector lights. And the red turn signals are only required by law in USA as far as I know of.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage EX AWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting...I wish they offered those headlight washers in the US! I live in Alaska and break-up here is really dirty. They would come in very handy!

The red rear turn signal must be new, I've seen some older cars with a yellow rear turn signal.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage, 2007 GTI, 2000 Firehawk
137 Posts
US doesn't have a requirement for the color of the turn signal, but in Europe they need to be amber. Personally, I think amber/yellow turn signals are more visible and would prefer that as well.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
Interesting...I wish they offered those headlight washers in the US! I live in Alaska and break-up here is really dirty. They would come in very handy!

The red rear turn signal must be new, I've seen some older cars with a yellow rear turn signal.
Hi all, it has been some time since posted last. The headlamp washers can be retro fitted. I had seen a post in this forum that someone fitted them to a sportage model. Obviously some modifications had to be made to the bumper, but in the end it came out to be a nice result. Search the forum a bit sorry tried to search myself but had no time to continue to do so. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts