Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to the superstore the other day (big grocery chain here in canada)....I park as far away from anybody as i can, so I don't get dinged.....

I'm in the store for about an hour and a half and get back outside......Put everything into the car and go put my cart back.....

Get back into the car, start it and put it in reverse.......Right then a gust of wind hits a stop sign beside my car, that has a wobbly broken cement base, only for it to fall over and slam into the hood of my car only seconds before I backed up.....

So now the estimate reads 805 dollars damage, because ICBC wants to repair the hood and then blend all the paint into the fenders and "a" pillars... I don't pay for it though, the superstore manager said that they are at fault, and will pay for the repair, because their broken sign was the cause.

So now I get the joy of fighting with ICBC because I will not allow them to paint anything but the hood....I want as much factory paint on my car as possible and they insist that if they do not paint the fenders, etc. that my paint will not match at all.......Yeah right.....I call B.S on that one.....

So now my new spectra5 will never be the same!.....Oh well <_< thats life

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear about your incident... maybe this might help:

A few years back some backed into my Honda and dented the hood, the insurance wanted to bang it out and paint it. I told them that I am a professional engineer and that the hood is very precisely designed and manufactured to crumple in a specific manner during a front end impact and that by knocking it back into shape they are changing the physical characteristics of it and in a front end collision it will probably not fail as designed. A few moments after that statement the insurance person said they'd get me a new hood. :)

I'd advise you give the same schpeil or something close, get what you want, and make sure they get you a rental car for the time yours is in the shop, and compensation for the time you're taking to deal with all the crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts