Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the regular foot parking brake and it doesn't seem to matter how hard I press it down - the vehicle moves when I remove my foot from the brake. My driveway is a slight angle, does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
673 Posts
I have the regular foot parking brake and it doesn't seem to matter how hard I press it down - the vehicle moves when I remove my foot from the brake. My driveway is a slight angle, does anyone else have this issue?

Mine had to be adjusted for same issue. If it is adjusted properly at the wheels then adjustment requires removing the center console. There is a time period where such adjustments are covered under warranty but I don't remember what it is. Otherwise it is considered normal maintenance.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine had to be adjusted for same issue. If it is adjusted properly at the wheels then adjustment requires removing the center console. There is a time period where such adjustments are covered under warranty but I don't remember what it is. Otherwise it is considered normal maintenance.
I just bought it beginning of June, so should be covered. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
541 Posts
I was told by my (Canada) dealer that for upto 20,000km and 1 year that adjustments are covered under warranty (all 4 tyres on my vehicle needed to be balanced).

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,537 Posts
..............its also all explained in your warranty manual what is covered and what isn't and for how long.

·
Registered
2016 sorento
3 Posts
do you depress the regular brake, while setting the parking brake with your left foot?

and still role-back, happens?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage EX AWD
133 Posts
How many clicks do you do? In the manual, it tells you how many clicks it should make for optimum braking force. For foot pedal parking brakes, I think its 5 or 6 clicks.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many clicks do you do? In the manual, it tells you how many clicks it should make for optimum braking force. For foot pedal parking brakes, I think its 5 or 6 clicks.
Doesn't matter if I do 5, 6 or to the floor, the vehicle still moves after releasing the foot brake and i can feel the pressure on the shifter.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Needs to be adjusted. I wonder why it would be worn or out-of-adjustment so quick since its still a 2016 car. I would probably have them look at the brakes aswell.
I had a 2016 Sorento LX for the day before getting this one and it was the same as far as the parking brake was concerned, so I wasn't surprised just concerned. I even mentioned it to my salesperson and he never got back to me...

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX AWD 3.3L
189 Posts
Parking Brake Adjustment

Make sure it's 5 clicks from locked and cable is tightened. It stretches over time and use.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX AWD 3.3L
189 Posts
Park Brake Adjustment

The vehicle was like this brand new, had plastic on it still. They have to remove the console to adjust it?

You have to remove the console to adjust the cable. It's pretty easy. But first you adjust the star wheel at each back wheel. 5 clicks off locked.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento
33 Posts
First thing I had the dealer adjust when I brought it in for 6-month service. No charge and now holds as expected. Previously I would push it right to the floor, and it would still move when parked on a hill.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First thing I had the dealer adjust when I brought it in for 6-month service. No charge and now holds as expected. Previously I would push it right to the floor, and it would still move when parked on a hill.
Is yours really firm now? mine I can only push to 3-4

·
Registered
2016 Sorento
33 Posts
Is yours really firm now? mine I can only push to 3-4

When I first got it back, it felt a bit tight, but after using it regularly for a few weeks, it seems to have loosened up a bit to the point where it's tight by just over half to 2/3 of the travel to the floor.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts