- Parking Brake is pulled upward
- Ignition Key is on ON poisition
- Machine is either running or stoped

b> My Brake Indicator Lamp is OFF --> This is normal
when:
- Parking Brake is released
- Ignition Key is on ON position
- Machine is running

c> My Brake Indicator Lamp is only DIMMED --> Is this normal?
when:
- Parking Brake is released
- Ignition Key is on ON position
- Machine is stoped

I am asking this question since my first car (which is Suzuki Wagon, or
we in Indonesia called it as Suzuki Karimun), has it OFF on point C.

Thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your brake indicator lamp, should be off, whenever you release the parking brake (switch position is "ON").
If it dims on above condition, contact your service center.
You might as well refer to your Car Manual Book, nothing mention about the dimming of parking brake, it shall not. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Helo Mr.Andi

Well i think u should loose a little bit the hand brake indicator in ur car. or go to ur car dealer to solve this problem.

by the way, i think i saw u last saturday if u bought ur car at KIA DEPOK...cause u drove a Suzuki Karimun....is that you??hehehehhe...

regards,

PaTi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Andi S,
Just curious, they do offer the optional colour of "Samba Green" in Indonesia ?
Coz when in my first visit to the Kia Mobil, they only offer Liquid Silver, Scarlet Red, Cobalt Blue, Galaxy Black, Orange.
They didn't mention other optional as of Samba Green, Lemon Yellow, Clear White, even the Diamond Blue.
Yellow n white is ok if they don't offer, but Diamond Blue and Samba Green ? i wonder .. coz this two colour is cool too.
So i believe if you already had your Samba Green, you're the first owner of Green Picanto in indonesia ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Something is way off with that lamp. The best advise to give you is to go see your dealer. It sounds like the switch that picks up on handbrake motion is stuck or simply broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi PATI and picanvon,

Yes it was me whom you saw at Kia Dealer Depok ... Unfortunately I did not introduce my self since
I was not aware that it was you.

The dealer did not offer me a Samba Green actually, because the color was not on their list. They had me
to choose 3 favourite colors. So I chosed orange, or silver, or red. But I said to the dealer if ever there
would be any green picanto arrived, please gave it to me.

No, I am not the first owner of green picanto, since there was 2 green picantos at the Kia Dealer Depok.
Guess who owned the other green picanto? According to the sales woman (her name: Indah) is the
director of the popular tv serial of "Bajaj Bajuri" ...

-andi santosa-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.