Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem with the parcel shelf on my 58 reg Pro Ceed 3, when I shut the boot, the parcel shelf doesnt rest on the 2 rubber stops, they miss it and the shelf hangs on its strings and rattles underneath where its supposed to rest. There doesn't seem to be anything broken or missing, the shelf itself looks to be in perfect condition, its fixed in the two places behind the seats properly yet this happens every time I use the boot and I cannot get my head round it - has anyone else had this?

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I'm sure there was a little rubber bung on both sides of mine, that sometimes just fell out. Found em in the boot on many occasions, they'd make the shelf rattle if not in place properly.

Does it sit right if you un-clip the string loops from boot lid?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't seem to matter what I do, the shelf falls below the 2 rubber stops attached to the inside of the bootlid and I have to shove the shelf back up then it seems to rest on them, I don't get how it's doing it

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Doesn't seem to matter what I do, the shelf falls below the 2 rubber stops attached to the inside of the bootlid and I have to shove the shelf back up then it seems to rest on them, I don't get how it's doing it
Did you try to detach the strings and let it go down. You will see if it goes below the stops or not.

If you need to shove it back up, this means that maybe the bootlid is shoving it down when you close it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have another look over the weekend. If I can't sort it I'll take it to the dealer when it goes for it's service in 5,000 miles, the heating element in the left mirror has packed up to so I'll get it all sorted at the same time

·
Registered
KIA Pro_cee'd 1.6 CRDi -11
94 Posts
I noticed the same. I never put stuff on the shelf anyway so it can hang in the two strings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts