Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help on how to pair my HTC sensation 4g to my new car. Can't seem to pair on my phone. Thanks in advance. Love my new car I got this week.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Is your bluetooth on the phone on? Make sure your phone is scanning while you are trying to pair with the car. If the phone wont pair using the car, try pairing the car using the phone. Make sure your in park or your car wont let you add a new device (safety feature)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will try again but yes the bluetooth has been on...doesnt seem to be scanning to pair with car and yes, always in park. thanks for tips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your bluetooth on the phone on? Make sure your phone is scanning while you are trying to pair with the car. If the phone wont pair using the car, try pairing the car using the phone. Make sure your in park or your car wont let you add a new device (safety feature)
I tried again, it just doesnt seem to scan to pick up the car?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,940 Posts
Paired my HTC the 1st time I tried...........

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,940 Posts
ok, how? Please share that is why i asked ooh wise one.
Follow the instructions in your Owners Manual.............and phone manual.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
I tried again, it just doesnt seem to scan to pick up the car?
Might want to check if your car's and phone's bluetooth is working.... Try pairing them both to other devices to isolate both of them are working fine.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX, 6spd manual
184 Posts
Nobody here could explain it better than the manual. If it doesn't work, maybe there's something wrong with the car's bluetooth and you should have the car checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
Sportage 2.4l AWD 2011
68 Posts
Thank you so very much for your help and your willingness to assist a fellow human being. Appreciate it.
Hi,

Your sarcasm is subtle an funny. (I really mean it.) :) But I guess that your problem isn't solved, so I'm going to try to help.

Although we'd all wish everything was designed to be intuitive, it is often not the case. When I want to connect something, I often expect to find the solution naturally. When it doesn't work, I go for the manual and put my spirit in a dumb way and try to read and execute the instruction one at a time (hey, this is bad translation from French, sorry). I slow my brain as much as possible and often, it solves my problem.

Now, let's say that your problem is still present. If you want help, you have to say what you do, what you expect and what you actually get. As an engineer, I often have to ask for support from third party. Then, as I ask for help, I build a case showing that whatever product I am using is defective. I do that by writing what I'm trying to do, how I'm trying to use their product, what is the expected result and I show logs of where it goes wrong. And as I do that, quite often, I find that the problem is on my side and I don't need help after all. Writing a formal proof that the product is defective forces me to correctly exercise it, and it if doesn't work, it gives information to tech support on how to help me.

So I'd suggest you write in detail (step by step) what you tried and what happened. Then you might get some more useful answers.

jf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts