Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have small chips comming off the edge of the bumper. It looks like something rubbed it. But the only thing in the back has been groceries. This van is only 6 months old. Is the paint on these vehicles par with other companies?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
Is it big chunks coming off exposing the black underside where the paint was? If you were to take a power washer to it would the paint come off?

KIA did have some issues with paint adhereing to plastic sufaces like the bumpers and side trim. I had big chunks like that come off my front bumber on my 02 Sedona. During my time owning it I worked at a KIA dealership and we had a couple others come in with the same issue. 1 was a Rio and the other was a Spectra I think.

Have them look at it and they will probably want to wait until the area rep is in the town to have him look at it. If it goes the same as mine did they will paint the bumper again after stripping it and painting it with a flexable primer. That is why it may be coming off is the primer they used didn't have enough of the flexable properties with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its on the edge of the bumper almost looks like something was loaded into the back and made a row of small chips about 4 inches in length. I treat this thing like a baby and its kept inside. I just feel after six months the bumper paint should be able to withstand normal wear and tear. If its already starting to chip hows it going to look in a few years. Yes i am a pain in the ass about paint :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts