Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Optima T-GDI, 08 Rondo, 06 Spectra, 04 Optima
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm noticing more and more everyday where the paint on this thing doesn't seem to last long. I'm seeing all kinds of faint scratches thru the clear coat that wont polish out. I even got it back from the dealer with two inline scratches on the hood, probably from rings or jewlery worn by the tech/mech. The dealer tried to buff it out with little success.

Anyone else noticing this?

·
Registered
'11 Optima EX 2.4L GDI Automatic
330 Posts
The paint does seem thin, the slightest bump or nick and your looking at primer or a very noticeable scratch.

·
Registered
11 Optima EX 2.4, 04 F-150, Burgman 650, V-Star Midnight Custom
148 Posts
I don't think it is any different than other cars of the same age. Emission regulations have changed the composition and application techniques of modern paints.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,049 Posts
All manufacturers forums I've been on have this same topic.............

·
Registered
3 Posts
so frustrating! So do you guys think the MOC paint protection is worth it then? $995 for five years guaranteed bumper to bumper interior and exterior is covered.

Thoughts?

I worked mine into the deal for $595. I bought a 2012 Sonata in January (totalled now which is why I now have an Optima) and noticed EXACTLY what the original poster mentioned. Normal driving on roads that don't have rocks or anything and I was getting tons of chips and scratches within the first month... ugh... Shouldn't this stuff be warrantied if the paint / clear coat is going bad so quickly?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,049 Posts
so frustrating! So do you guys think the MOC paint protection is worth it then? $995 for five years guaranteed bumper to bumper interior and exterior is covered.

Thoughts?

I worked mine into the deal for $595. I bought a 2012 Sonata in January (totalled now which is why I now have an Optima) and noticed EXACTLY what the original poster mentioned. Normal driving on roads that don't have rocks or anything and I was getting tons of chips and scratches within the first month... ugh... Shouldn't this stuff be warrantied if the paint / clear coat is going bad so quickly?
No, none, no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts