Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sorento 4WD, 3.8 V6,
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Kia Sorento 4WD, 3.8 V6, 5 speed auto, it has a few issues. It has a P0501 vehicle speed sensor range/ performance code. The speedometer is showing the right speed, but the mil light, abs light, and esc light are on. As well as no cruise control.The other issues is it has a rough idle while in drive and reverse. Idle is fine in park and neutral. I have replaced the passenger side wheel speed sensor and clean the maf sensor. Still no change.
Any help with this is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 Sorento LX
2 Posts
I have a 2008 Kia Sorento 4WD, 3.8 V6, 5 speed auto, it has a few issues. It has a P0501 vehicle speed sensor range/ performance code. The speedometer is showing the right speed, but the mil light, abs light, and esc light are on. As well as no cruise control.The other issues is it has a rough idle while in drive and reverse. Idle is fine in park and neutral. I have replaced the passenger side wheel speed sensor and clean the maf sensor. Still no change.
Any help with this is much appreciated.
I had issue with 2009 wheel sensor and symptoms, not rough idle. Changing other wheel sensors solved abs, esc and cruise. I don’t recall if I had the P0501 code.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts