Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Rondo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 08 Rondo 2.7 with a check engine light that has been on forever, it is P2422 canister close valve stuck shut, I replaced the valve and gas tank airfilter cleaned all of the lines and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Also the right rear door can not be opened from the outside, the door handle is fine is there some piece that can be repaired inside or is it pay the huge money for a replacement door latch. Any assistance with these issues would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
Rondo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
An update in the P2422 issue, the dealer is stumped as is 2 local garages because the evap system is cycling properly and within the factory specs on all of the pressures. But with the check engine light on it will not pass the emissions test even though the system is operating within the factory specs which means I can't renew the licence in Ontario. I am at the end of my rope, as far as I am concerned KIA is Korean for junk, this car has been one problem after another and I can honestly say that this is my second KIA my first and last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to find the problem? I'm having the same code and replaced everything you did. Passes every test and still has the code. Dealership is stumped and an independent can't figure it out also.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo LX 2.7 V6
16 Posts
I have an 08 Rondo 2.7 with a check engine light that has been on forever, it is P2422 canister close valve stuck shut, I replaced the valve and gas tank airfilter cleaned all of the lines and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Also the right rear door can not be opened from the outside, the door handle is fine is there some piece that can be repaired inside or is it pay the huge money for a replacement door latch. Any assistance with these issues would be very much appreciated.
Did you ever get the door handle fixed? Mine driver side rear is doing the exact same thing! Can you tell me how you fixed it?

·
Registered
2009 Rondo - EX 2.7
29 Posts
Had the latch problem on my '09. Was the latch and I was still under warranty at the time. Mine was the passenger rear door. Inside handle worked but not the outside. Seems to be a common problem as I've seen it posted here many times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts