Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 KIA SORENTO LX TURBO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 2016 lx turbo sorento with 123 000km. I send my truck at Kia last week and they told me i need a new engine cause the cam seized. I took my truck at my place and turn the cam and everything was fine ?!?!. I scan the truck and i have P2008-P0014-P0017. on the idle less than 1000rpm the truck shut off and doesnt turn properly. If its under 1000 the truck runs great... I think i need to change Cam sensor, crank sensor the ocv and cvvt assy... do you have any ideas about my problem ?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,151 Posts
Hi guys i have a 2016 lx turbo sorento with 123 000km. I send my truck at Kia last week and they told me i need a new engine cause the cam seized. I took my truck at my place and turn the cam and everything was fine ?!?!. I scan the truck and i have P2008-P0014-P0017. on the idle less than 1000rpm the truck shut off and doesnt turn properly. If its under 1000 the truck runs great... I think i need to change Cam sensor, crank sensor the ocv and cvvt assy... do you have any ideas about my problem ?
If you don't trust that Kia dealership find another one, or if its out of warranty find a reliable independent.

Less than / under 1000 rpm shuts off/ runs great ?????? - what is it?

What do you mean it "doesn't turn properly"?

With so many confusing comments, I don't know if it runs at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't trust that Kia dealership find another one, or if its out of warranty find a reliable independent.

Less than / under 1000 rpm shuts off/ runs great ?????? - what is it?

What do you mean it "doesn't turn properly"?

With so many confusing comments, I don't know if it runs at all.
Sorry im french :LOL:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my truck is not on warranty anymore.. thats why im trying to find the problem on my own... The truck runs but it runs like a muscle car on the iddle..
if I raise the revolution to more than 1500 it runs great... less than that the truck turns off

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,151 Posts
Do a forum search for intake runner problems.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
496 Posts
The truck runs but it runs like a muscle car on the iddle..
if I raise the revolution to more than 1500 it runs great... less than that the truck turns off
That sounds like a timing issue. I would inspect the timing chain & tensioner if you can:

If that is all good, then I would guess it's a weird electrical issue with one of the components relating to those error codes you're seeing.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
989 Posts
Your P2008 code points to a faulty VCMA, which could indeed give the thing an idle akin to something with a full race cam.
The VCMA runner on these engines has been known to be a problem, and is definitely where you need to focus your attention. Search this forum for "VCMA" and I think you'll find a number of threads dealing with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts